How do you encourage your state to add Public Fueling Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you encourage your state to add Public Fueling Centers

I am in the State of Ohio and presently there are only four public fueling stations. None of these are in my area so it mean that I would have no alternative then to obtain a fueling appliance. But if I drive any distance I would not have an option of refueling so it limits my options for longer distances. For the Honda GX model is there an option to obtain an auxiliary fuel tank to extend mileage?

Re: How do you encourage your state to add Public Fueling Centers

You might check with the man who runs those stations. If it is the same one that was running them a couple of years ago he is very dedicated to CNG. he probably have a local contact. I'm sorry I don't have his contact info it is at work.

Comment

Hello new cng supporter !! Contact I have for travel I made through Ohio & Pennslyvania is Mack Godfrey of Columbia Gas, phone 724-416-6324 (terrific guy that understands and supports cng). I had to setup Columbia Gas fuel card but it didn't work!! Luckily a cng good samaritan in Washington, PA (also on Columbia Gas fuel card) happened to be there at same time and let me use his fuel card for free. Same Columbia Gas fuel card works at Columbus, Ohio public cng pump - - phone 614-460-2239. Since my Columbia fuel card didn't work, tech at Columbus, OH pump also gave me a free tank of cng as I was driving dedicated cng Honda Civic GX from NY to OK.

Sad side note was tech at Columbus, OH public refill site said that Columbia Gas had been bought out by NiSource and massive selloff of all internal cng vehicles had occurred . . . sold up to 400 cng vehicles that Columbia Gas employees had previously been using!!! Not sure of long-term prospects for that public cng pump.

PLEASE . . pressure Ohio public utility board, state and local elected officials, Columbia Gas top management, NiSource BOD, etc. to absolutely KEEP OPEN the public cng pump there in Columbus, OH. It's a terrific site with multiple cng refueling hoses of both 3,000 psi & 3,600 psi. Another supporter might be local Honda dealer.

Wish you the best . . Co CNG !!! Cleanest fuel on the planet (except for wind and solar).

Comment

I'm not sure in OH but in UT the state University/DOT use CNG.

In Utah we had a State Rep. that worked at the University.
        His bill was 2008 HB 103.

The only cost was to include the card readers and some accessibility changes.

We did a search on the Utah State Legislature web site for CNG, alternative fuels etc.

Try to influence your state reps. to pass bills that help everyone.

ch4
        CH

Comment

Look for any Natural Gas Lobbyists in your state, we hooked up with one in Florida and they are very helpful. Be prepared for a bill though, those guys don't work for free.

Comment

Has anyone had any success at convincing non-public refueling stations to sell to an individual?

Comment

I have been useing cng for 25 years as a motor fuel any afv should be able to go a min of 500 miles before fueling I have been coast to coast north and south and have never run out I now drive a dodge pu it will go 900 miles so with my lap top and fuel finder it has never been a problem I have a 7th grade education so why cant the educated idiots that come up with 6gge tanks get it to much education ? just my thoughts cowboy

Comment

Working...
              X