Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrpriceisright
    replied
    Yes a really old thread but I hope someone can enlighten me on which 2 fuses (mentioned in this thread) disable the CNG system on a 2000 bifuel-cng F150 5.4 . This one is 2001 but Forscan idents it as model year 2000.

I have the crank/fires/dies then crank/nostart issue. I have replaced the fuel pump, verified 40 psi fuel while cranking. Verified checked the pcm and fuel pump relays. I would like to disable compuvalve/CNG system (eliminate that system while troubleshooting) until I have running consistently. This is the base model truck without a security system I believe (no theft light on dash).

I am getting a U1262 code, which makes me wonder if the compuvalve is causing the error, hence the interest in disabling it.
    I have seen at least one post indicating a compuvalve failure causing no start on the gasoline side.

When it fires, it revs comfortably up to about 2k rpm then immediately shuts off, all in less than a second.

Leave a comment:

• 214 RKT
    replied
    Re: 2000 F150 bi-fuel

I hear yah guys.....for now i popped the fuses and my truck works fine on gas. I wont disconnect anything as ive learned to deal with the tank in the box of the truck. It will be tough for me to part with it as it is a unique vehicle being that its the 7700 series. I like the beefier running gear and the fact that I can load 3/4 cord of wood rounds in the box, its a short box to boot and she takes it without complaining.
    The closest shop to take it to will be in the Vancouver area or further. My truck originally came from Prince George and was an ex-highways truck. Northern BC (mainland) has far more NGAS stations. I believe my truck was run almost exclusively on NGAS but im not entirely sure.

Leave a comment:

• joe_kan
    replied

Originally posted by 214 RKT View Post
    Okay, when i say that NGAS isnt available in my area...it is NOT available in my area, NOT for vehicles and NOT for homes!!!
    I don't know how attached to the truck you are but as someone else stated, you could sell it and purchase a gasoline only version and still have a few extra bucks in your pocket. The compuvalve and tank have the most value but if the compuvalve is potentially problematic parting it out would not be as lucrative as selling it and getting another.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyFo
    replied

Originally posted by 214 RKT View Post
    Okay, when i say that NGAS isnt available in my area...it is NOT available in my area, NOT for vehicles and NOT for homes!!!
    Well that's unfortunate. I know that there is a pretty good market in BC for CNG vehicles. Personally i would look into selling it while the tank still has life on it for a new or used pickup that fits your needs better. If you would really like to remove the system I would be happy to help you with some advice i have removed a few of them. If you could post some pictures of your components that would be great. Ford has used several set ups over the years and i wouldn't want to tell you something wrong.

You may also look into converting to propane(Not that i want more propane opposed to NG, NG is much better). I have no idea if a factory ford unit can be converted to propane i have never tried but it may be an option.

Also the fact that your truck has had that much usage could mean a lot. A NG engine will run much much farther then a gasoline engine. So the more % that the truck was run on NG the better. If the truck is in good shape many people would pay to have the engine rebuilt to keep the NG option. Currently there are no factory models being made so you have a unique vehicle for a while. I would take advantage of it and see what the market it in your area(Maybe around Vancouver) is like for NV light duty pickups.

Leave a comment:

• 214 RKT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyFo
    replied

If a commercial CNG station isn't available to you have you looked into a home refueling appliance to fuel your truck at home?

Leave a comment:

• 214 RKT
    replied

Im sure it does increase the value if its in an area that has NGAS at the "pumps" Thank you for your knowledgeable input though concerning pulling the fuses. Who knew it was that easy, not me thats for sure...LOL. You mentioned making sure the green light was off, it always has been except for last week when it decided all by itself to switch to NGAS without me flipping the switch. Then there was the strong odor of NGAS and my truck would turn over and not start. Yesterday it started, then the green light blinked on steady and the truck died. All the while the switch was in the GAS position NOT the ALT position. Very weird. Pulling the fuses makes it run on gas with no interruptions but my concern is what has caused this to glitch on me? Today it threw a code "check engine light came on" and i will take ti to the mechanic to get it read to find out what it says. Ive read that if the fuel pump is going on one, the truck will automatically switch to another fuel source.
    BTW, there is over 250,000kms on my truck

Leave a comment:

• rtry9a
    replied

No need to disconnect anything, as the cng system increases the value of your truck considerably; just make sure the NGAS system switch on the dash is turned off (green light off). You can also remove the 2 fuses to disable system.

Leave a comment:

• 214 RKT
    started a topic 2000 F150 bi-fuel

2000 F150 bi-fuel

Hello all, being that im new here I felt i should introduce myself. My name is Darin and I am the proud owner of a 2000 F150 xtra cab 7700 series 4x4. I bought my truck used with the factory Ford install CNG system. Unfortunately, NG isnt available in my area Ive had my truck for 5yrs now and never had a problem running just the gas thru it until of course last week when it switched to NG all by itself and a strong odor of NG was smelled. According to the fuel gauge there is not NG in the tank. What id like to know is whether the Compuvalve is toast? If so, im prepared to take the compuvalve out of my truck as well as the tank and brackets from the box, only trouble I foresee is what do i disconnect under the hood? Pics would be awesome

Darin
Working...
X