Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum. Salt Lake City to Denver is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum. Salt Lake City to Denver is it possible?

Thanks
    Taylor

Re: New to the forum. Salt Lake City to Denver is it possible?

We did it a few years ago on I-80 in a Civic with an extra ~3gge tank. Search the forum a bit, someone else talked about their experience doing it. It's really pushing it in a Civic. What are you driving?
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Sure its possible... with a bi fuel (done it several times); otherwise we need a cng station in Rawlins. Problem is you never know how much cng you can load, or if critical stations are even open. Id never consider a long trip without the bifuel capability.
      Last edited by rtry9a; 09-08-2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

It might be possible via Vernal, UT and Rifle, CO. Once the station is up and running in Rifle, that is. Check http://www.cngprices.com to see where the stations are. Colorado stations require a Colorado-specific Clean Energy card. There is another thread on the forum dealing with the new station in Rifle. It depends a lot on the range of your NGV and how you drive.

Comment

SLC-Vernal-Rifle will work once Rifle is operational, hopefully in November
          http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....NG-at-Rifle-CO

I have done SLC-Rock Springs-DEN a couple of times in one of our dedicated Impalas but they have gobs of range. You can count on a good 3600 psi fill to get you westbound from Cheyenne but the other direction from Rock Springs you generally get 3200 psi or so which is kinda tight in a Civic to Cheyenne.

The special CE card is no longer needed in Cheyenne (and they will take cash during business hours anyway). You can use Visa/MC at the Denver International Airport but anywhere else requires the card.

Comment

We made it no problem! in a 09 Civic GX went 264 miles Rock Springs To Cheyenne and still had 3 bars left on my gas gauge. We had a great trip went 1,129 miles round trip and spent $41.00.

Comment

Vernal to Rifle to Denver trip... Id have to question how it can be done on the road map. How do you get from US-40 to I-15 within ~150 miles (+ leaving some safety reserve).

Comment

Park City is a good top-off on the way, or destination on the way back from Vernal. The Rifle to Denver at 207 miles and mountains could be a challenge in a GX.
                http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1,9.876709&z=7

Way to go Taylor123 in braving the run to Cheyenne... Rock Springs has always been reliable for me the few times I headed over there.

As a rule, if you are going to push the distance in your NGV it is best to fuel once then head somewhere for a bite to eat or something. After 30 min or so your tank has cooled down, the station compressor has refilled the storage (hopefully), and then you can top off another gge or so. When the vehicle tank is accessible some folks have also thrown a bag of ice over it to cool down the fuel before the second fill attempt
                Last edited by John Mitton; 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X