Hello from New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New Orleans

Hello from New Orleans. I just bought my first NGV last month, a 1999 Honda Civic GX. It's kinda old, but had only 38,000 miles on it. I've been driving it every day for a few weeks now and it runs great. We don't have any fueling stations in New Orleans. I rely on my Fuelmaker FMQ 2-36. The utility price for natural gas here is $.6225 per hundred cubic feet. That's about 78 cents per gallon gas equivalent. It seems strange that with gasoline at $2.50 per gallon that I am the only one doing this. Anyone else here?

Re: Hello from New Orleans

Welcome to you HyperMilingGX . . . . you are a very wise one to purchase Civic GX and your own Fuelmaker. Just continue to smile and be oh so happy driving past those petrol stations with their ridiculous price gouging techniques like raising prices at month-end, or on weekends, or when holidays are coming up.

Florida now is getting a little momentum to get cng going, so it might spread towards Louisiana. Company there is Wise Gas.

As for Honda Civic GX, It's the greatest thing ever !! Here in OK the public cng price is now back to $1.24 so my GX cost per mile is 3 to 4 cents !! Enjoy your little SULEV green machine . . . cleanest combustion car ever built!

Comment

So glad you are here HyperMilingGX. I am in Houston and as far as I know, I am the only one here as well with a personal vehicle. I have started a new company (www.cng4america.com) to build CNG infrastructure here. Hope to have our first station 1st quarter 2011. Not sure I agree with cngacrossusa that your GX is cleanest combustion car ever built. My converted Ford Focus gets 42 MPG on the highway. Just kidding.. So glad that you have joined the ranks of the early adopters that will help to save our country.
      Bob Baldwin
      2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
      2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

The nearest public cng fueling station is about 80 miles from New Orleans in Baton Rouge. It is owned by Entergy, the local utility company there. It is used mostly by service trucks. They charge $1.69 per gallon. I wonder if there are any road taxes included in this price. It's cheaper to fill up at the house with utility priced gas.

Comment

Hey Bob, That's pretty impressive - 42 MPG. Did you do any modifications to the engine like raise the compression ratio?

My next project is to install a seperate gas meter before the compressor so I can see how many hundred cubic feet of gas I use to go a thousand miles. Then I can calculate my average miles per gallon. BTW, there are 126.67 cubic feet per galon gas equivalent.

Comment

Working...
          X