Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New CNG Fueling Station is coming to Ontario, California! (Earth Energy Fuels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New CNG Fueling Station is coming to Ontario, California! (Earth Energy Fuels)

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been lurking around cngchat.com for the last year and a half and have really enjoyed learning about everyone’s experiences with CNG and hopes for the growth of CNG as a mainstream alternative to conventional petroleum based fuels. Anyway, over the time that I have been benefiting from the knowledge of the cngchat.com community, I haven’t contributed much. Well, I’d like to change that with this announcement;

Earth Energy Fuels inc. will soon be breaking ground on our new CNG fueling station located just north of the Ontario Airport at the intersection of HOLT & VINEYARD (1850 E. Holt Blvd. Ontario, CA 91761 = on the 76 station property).

Our Ontario CNG fueling station will be one of the largest conventional-style CNG fueling stations in the United States and designed to quickly and efficiently handle anything from passenger cars and delivery vans up to garbage haulers and large high-capacity buses. We hope that by increasing both CNG availability and competition in the area will help SoCal fleet operators and consumers make the move to natural gas.

In the coming weeks I’ll be in a better position to give estimates for an opening date and other information, but I wanted to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and give back a little to the cngchat.com community.

Thanks Everyone!

Travis

Re: A New CNG Fueling Station is coming to Ontario, California! (Earth Energy Fuels)

Most excellent! We hope to make a similar announcement in Houston soon!
    Bob Baldwin
    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Re: A New CNG Fueling Station is coming to Ontario, California! (Earth Energy Fuels)

That's a pretty big investment to 'increase competition.' Can we infer you have at least one major user under contract? Otherwise, it would be more useful to the CNG community and much less expensive to fill 'gaps' in coverage with small stations (like I-5 in the central valley, I-10 at Blythe, 395, 101) rather than 'increasing competition' where stations already exist.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Probably some deal with the Ontario Airport, if I had to guess...

Very cool and easy access off the 10 freeway, I'll use this station for sure!
        -------------
        moore101
        2000 Toyota Camry CNG
        FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Hi freedml,

I certainly appreciate the need for more stations to fill the 'gaps' and if there is enough traffic to justify the investment then I am sure that there will be willing investors and entrepreneurs to make it happen. I'd love to buy an NGV and drive it to see my family in TX but there is a HUGE gap East of Tucson. I don't see that gap being filled until LNG-L/CNG stations are built to service the natural gas truck traffic and I don't think that is going to get anywhere until some version of the Natural Gas Act gets passed.

Comment

You're worried about east of Tucson? Gee, I can't get from LA to Phoenix!

Comment

Great news EEFCNG . . . that's what I like to hear a full-size new cng site being built !! Ontario, CA does appear to need an up-to-date cng station and it will fill a gap for business & cng travelers in that area.

I've got a few more sites that could use a nice public cng station - - - Flagstaff, AZ ; Amarillo, TX ; Wichita, KS ; Omaha, NE ; Limon, CO ; Memphis, TN ; Bentonville, AR . . . . etc, etc, etc.

Keep up good work . . . when, you're done with CA, keep going east, there's lot to do until you get to NY !!

Comment

Working...
              X