Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Arizona and It is Hot Here 2001 Cavalier

Hi Everyone

I come from a State that wants to encourage people to drive alternative fuel cars but does nothing to back them up. A year ago we had only 7 stations in the metropolitan area to provide fuel, and today we have only 3. Oh yes the state has many places but they are not open to the public. The one station that was close by was the city of Scottsdale, but they stopped selling on July 1st.
    Time for emissions today on a car that was owned by the State of Arizona, but it could not be done and it has been registered in the state since 2001. My wife spent 7 hours in blistering heat after I filled it up and here is my post and look for any help at all. Thank You So Much.

I have a 2001 Cavalier and went to Emmissions today and they have to test both Gasoline and the CNG and it has to be right then and there. My car when it has CNG in it, runs on CNG and only after that is gone will it switch to Gasoline. Well I can't figure how to switch from CNG to gasoline and they don't know or care, and wont pass the car until I can show them how to do it. They wont let me come in on Gasoline and come back an hour later with CNG. Does anyone know how I can go to Emmissions and let them check the CNG and then know how I can make it run on Gasoline for there stupid test? It is so hot here in Arizona, and my wife spent 7 hours dealing with the most uncaring people in the world. Thank You so much for any help you can give.. Thank You So Much Lanny

It is so hard to think that this car was bought by the State of Arizona, and the state has no idea on how to test it, and doesn't even care. The wife is in tear's all day, and this car has been registered in Arizona since 2001 and emissioned at least every 2 years. So it is up to me to tell the state how to test the car, and I can only do that if there is a way I can make it run on Gasoline after they test the CNG.

Thanks For Any Help At All

Lanny

Re: Hi From Arizona and It is Hot Here 2001 Cavalier

As has been reported on other threads on this site, the 2001 (and some other Cavaliers) are hard to get a ready code for emission inspection. If the car is running on CNG and you need to switch to gasoline operation, the best way to do it is to get emission test results on CNG and then without turning off the engine, open the hood, remove the cover from the fuse box located next to the battery, and remove the fuse marked CNG. This will cause a instant changeover to gasoline operation. When you are done with the test, shut off the engine, reinstall the fuse and the fuse box cover, restart on CNG and be on your way. You might want to look at some of the other threads about emission inspection waivers in some states due to the problems with the 2001 Cavalier being able to achieve a ready state for the test.

Comment

Originally posted by siai47 View Post
      As has been reported on other threads on this site, the 2001 (and some other Cavaliers) are hard to get a ready code for emission inspection. If the car is running on CNG and you need to switch to gasoline operation, the best way to do it is to get emission test results on CNG and then without turning off the engine, open the hood, remove the cover from the fuse box located next to the battery, and remove the fuse marked CNG. This will cause a instant changeover to gasoline operation. When you are done with the test, shut off the engine, reinstall the fuse and the fuse box cover, restart on CNG and be on your way. You might want to look at some of the other threads about emission inspection waivers in some states due to the problems with the 2001 Cavalier being able to achieve a ready state for the test.
      I really did search the Forums last night after a very long, and hot day, and dealing with emmissions people. I'm sorry I did not find the answer on my own. I even spent $19.00 on ask.com, called 3 chevy places and searched the web for hours. I want to Thank You so much !!!!! Your short simple answer made today a breeze at emmissions. I hope to be a part of this forum and once again I can not thank you enough for your Answer.

Thank You

Lanny

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lanny. We are glad you have your issue resolved successfully.

I'm in a state where they think ethanol drips from corn silk. I'd love to see the infastructure issues you have here. At least there would be a semblance of an infrastructure.

But there are some of us that just keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing.

Go to CNGNow and find out about the new legislation and tell your lawmakers to endorse the plan.

Comment

Working...
        X