Charlotte NC NGV owner question's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte NC NGV owner question's

Well I hope to purchase a ngv very soon and just wanted to hear from the locals about there refueling. Living in Charlotte there are only 2 public cng station on cng price map. I have called PSNG and they gave me the phone number of the person who sets up the accounts and said that they do offer public refueling, I still haven't heard back from the number they gave me. I have also tried to contact Piedmont Natural Gas and am not having any luck, I sent a e-mail and they replied back they do not offer this service, I am thinking that they are talking about there Greenville facility witch I know is not public.
    PSNG also told me the current rate is $1.06 therm can't wait
    GM World Class, F1 Cert
    05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
    03 Cavalier
    01 Cavalier (sold)

Re: Charlotte NC NGV owner question's

Hello Eric,

Here's a contact for you: Bill Eaker Clean Cities Coordinator, Clean Vehicles Coalition/Land-of-Sky Regional Council, 339 New Leicester Hwy., Suite 140, Asheville NC 28806 828-734-7434 cell,828-251-6622 [email protected] He should be up on the latest activity in your area. Asheville also has a NGV network and fill stations.

And...you have one of the countries' premier conversion facilities in Arden, NC - AltecEco. You can check them out at: http://www.transecoenergy.com/ Ask for
    'Justin'.

Good luck,

afvman/Bill
    Last edited by afvman; 03-06-2010, 09:03 AM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

You might also want to attend the seminar in Raleigh one week from Tuesday, Stephe Yborra will be presenting. It is a fantastic way to learn all there is to know about natural gas vehicles, refueling, tax and other incentives, etc.
      http://cleanvehicle.org/workshop/Raleigh.shtml

Comment

I live not far away, in Greensboro, and would like to purchase a vehicle too. How / where do you plan on buying one? Used and legally converted vehicles seem pretty scarce around here, unless you are going to buy the vehicle, and pay to get it converted. What are your plans?
        02 GX

Comment

Rodney_,

Aside from the contacts already mentioned you might check the nearest gov't. auction for some NGV's the GSA is surplusing (sp?). You can see their listings at:
          http://autoauctions.gsa.gov/autoauctions/home.seam

Good luck,

afvman

Comment

Originally posted by rodney_kranz View Post
            I live not far away, in Greensboro, and would like to purchase a vehicle too. How / where do you plan on buying one? Used and legally converted vehicles seem pretty scarce around here, unless you are going to buy the vehicle, and pay to get it converted. What are your plans?
            I plan on getting a cavalier, I have just been checking craigslit, ebay and autotrader.
            GM World Class, F1 Cert
            03 Cavalier
            01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

ericguy320 - do you know of any laws in NC regarding registration, insurance, or inspections for CNG vehicles? I have done some searching but can't find anything at all.
              02 GX

Comment

Originally posted by rodney_kranz View Post
                ericguy320 - do you know of any laws in NC regarding registration, insurance, or inspections for CNG vehicles? I have done some searching but can't find anything at all.
                As far as NC state inspections there is no change as long as you have a factory cng system and there is no check engine lamp on it will pass. I think the 3-36k inspections are all up to the customer. I have called PSNC and you have to set up a account and you get a gate card and they send you a bill once a month, Piedount natural you have to call ahead and they will open the gate and the pump take credit cards.
                GM World Class, F1 Cert
                03 Cavalier
                01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

Maybe there is, but I have not heard that the Cavalier was ever made OEM with CNG. I thought they were all converted. Do you have any idea what we would have to do for inspection on a converted vehicle in NC?
                  02 GX

Comment

Well I am not the proud owner of a 2005 crew cab Silverado LS with every option that you could order with the kl6 cng option. I just picked up my prokey for the psnc station and am still working on Piedmont natural gas to give me a gate card so I can fill up without calling ahead. I have to watch a safty tape and sign some papers first, still waiting on the call back for that one.

And to Rodney, yes the cavaliers where all orderd factory with cng bifuel option.
                    GM World Class, F1 Cert
                    03 Cavalier
                    01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X