Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets all work together to promote CNG

A Brighter CNG Future

Due to the unusual nature of Compressed Natural Gas Conversions one of the most common problems is finding parts and information on the subject. I have been in the Automotive Repair business for the past 30 years and the CNG Conversion Industry for the past 2 years. In my childhood and in my early years driving and fixing cars I would paw through the JC Whitney Catalog, it was a little dyslexic but I loved to be able to see the many different accessories I could purchase for my car. I intend to do the same type of thing for the CNG Industry. Besides the lack of CNG Conversion Parts available there is also many diverse CNG Conversion systems on the road. Many of the parts for these systems may be available but many of the companies who produced these systems are out of business. Besides CNG System components there is virtually no resources available for troubleshooting, tuning or repair. I am looking for individuals as well as business's who are willing to work together to keep the CNG Vehicles already on the roads running clean and safely. Those who choose to participate can benefit from each others resources and knowledge. We can do so by moving forward together united in the purpose of safe and clean conversions above all else. All CNG Conversion Systems have their good points and weak points. It is naive to think that any CNG Conversion System is perfect, they all eventually go out of tune, their parts will eventually wear out and some older CNG systems may need to be replaced by newer more effective systems.
    The steps I propose are the following:
    1) Compile information, this will include
    a) Parts Suppliers and Manufacturers
    b) CNG Install and Repair shops
    c) CNG Install Manuals, CNG Troubleshooting and CNG tuning and repair

2) Set up nationwide networks of like minded mechanics and business owners who want to work together to
    a) Install CNG Conversion Systems
    b) Repair and Tune CNG Systems
    c) Set up a worldwide help network for CNG Vehicles
    d) Set up a worldwide CNG parts and repair catalog

Jim Younkin 801 427 2284
    Blog younkincng.com
    Site alternativefuelconnection.com
    Jim Younkin
    www.younkincng.com

Re: Lets all work together to promote CNG

Uh, this is it!
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

What is it?
      Jim Younkin
      www.younkincng.com

Comment

cngchat.com
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

That may of been their hope at one time but right now it seems a little one sided, Jim
          Jim Younkin
          www.younkincng.com

Comment

We have no problem with the posting of parts, repair info and the like here. There are dozens of helpful threads on the forums. This is not the place to further illegal or uncertified conversion kits, however.

Comment

Working...
            X