Finally, I own a CNG vehicle! 2010 Honda Civic GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I own a CNG vehicle! 2010 Honda Civic GX

As I chronicled on my blog (burnUSgas.com), I started my quest to own a CNG vehicle about 9 months ago. I considered the Chevy Impala & pickup (TGT & NaturalDrive), Ford Focus or F-150 (Jim Norton Ford in Broken Arrow, OK), & the Honda Civic GX. Decided to purchase the Civic because it was 1)available 2)no conversion required.

Filling up at TGT's new dispenser and various ONG dispensers. Only downside? Had to take the gasoline Pilot to Branson, MO and Terrell, TX as I couldn't get there and back with the GX range.

I'm a CNGer now. Loving it so far. - Craig
    Craig
    '13 Honda Civic Natural Gas (bright blue!)
    '12 Honda Civic Natural Gas
    '11 bi-fuel Chevy Tahoe
    www.burnusgas.com

Re: Finally, I own a CNG vehicle! 2010 Honda Civic GX

Congrats on the GX purchase and welcome to CNGchat!
    My wife loves her 07 GX. We have put over 50k miles on the thing in 2 years. I am kind of partial to our Impala however

Comment

Welcome Scamper to the benefits of CNG !! You'll never regret the best decision you've made in your life to plunge into CNG with Oklahoma pricing at $1.08 at ONG and not much more at OnCue or TGT.

Spread the word at all the Honda dealerships you deal with to promote the GX . . . . and add their own Fuelmaker for demo/backup purposes. Very sad for me to see Bartlesville, OK close it's Honda dealership that was just 1 block from $1.08 cng at ONG !!

Comment

Can you add more gas cylinders to extend the range?

Comment

Yes, many CNG shops can install an extra cylinder on a Honda GX for an additional 2.5 gge or so fuel storage. You completely lose the trunk space and access to the spare tire well. Some shops mount the spare tire in the trunk by using a shorter extra tank and utilizing the side space to put the tire in vertically.

I personally would not do this as it is good to have the crumple zone unobstructed per Honda's original design.

Comment

Working...
          X