Newbie here:2nd post, and I'm on a mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here:2nd post, and I'm on a mission

I first heard about putting Propane into diesel fueled trucks for fuel mileage gains so I bought one on ebay, installed it on my 6.5 chevy, blew out the 4L80e while pulling a camper, took it back out, got rid of the truck and my job pulling campers. I then found out about mixing CNG with diesel and plan to install a booster on my 10 car hauler when I buy it. I live in Columbus, Ohio and want to open a CNG filling station here if I can pull it together. I've gotten a lot of support from industry insiders and local govt. to go for it and like the idea of leading the way in my home town. I enjoy trucking and car haulers make pretty good income so I hope this will open a lot of doors to make it happen sooner than later. I'm starting with nothing but knowledge and determination and I'm alone except for everyone here on this forum. Everyone I know thinks its a lame-brain idea, it'll never work, and its just too big of a task. I DON'T Care what they say. Freakin' Neysayers. Followers. I want my 18 wheeler to run on 50%biodiesel 50%LNG. I've located CNG tank manufacturers, Kit wholesalers, CNG wholesalers, LNG Cryogenic ISO Containers, etc. I can do it alone but I'd rather have help from folks close by. When I start hauling cars I plan to transport CNG bifuel cars to&from this area so others can realize savings and benefit our country instead of boosting the middle east profits. I'm on a mission and you'll hear a lot from me.

Re: Newbie here:2nd post, and I'm on a mission

Welcome to CNG chat! Love your enthusiasm! Your right on track, CNG is a great thing for fuel savings, there's an abundant supply, and it is American.

Comment

Damm good to have you here, Joe!

Comment

good luck on your mission in 2010.
        I took my fleet to CNG in 2009, and had my new gas main run for a mini-fueling station, last week in calumet city illinois. Lots of hurdles but it will show results this year

Comment

Welcome . . . and YES your ideas are valid. In fact, big cng supporter in Arizona has done most of what you want to do - - - Murphy who used to have CNG Motors. Search forum and see how Murphy already made cng hauler with diesel/cng mix, etc. He recently got out of cng business and was even offering to sell his business name, website, etc. Give him a call.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Hi, I am new too with kind of the same mission. I am looking for information about CNG so I can figure the costs involved with a dedicated CNG medium or heavy duty truck. I have a couple ideas for businesses but haven't been able to find much info. I have contacted Ford for information on their F series medium duty trucks but they don't seem to be in any hurry to help. I live in Arizona so maybe I'll try to track down Murphy and get his advice....or more! I hope I can learn enough to help others out.

Comment

Working...
            X