Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Nor Cal

Hello friends.
    I work in the NGV industry as an Engineer and I own a 2003 CNG Crown Victoria. I have experience with everything from Fuel Maker compressors to Fast Fill CNG stations, LNG stations and CNG and LNG vehicles. I joined the site to share information and learn. I'm looking forward to some informative conversations.

Matt

Re: New from Nor Cal

Welcome aboard Matt. Your interested is appreciated. Just watch the forums and new posts and you'll find questions you can answer -- which will be appreciated.

There are some really sharp people on this web site, jump right in and have some fun

Larrycng

Comment

Matt any chance you have worked with Tom (as I sit here typing I am pulling a blank on his last name) from PG&E? If so are the rumors true of his death in a light aircraft.

Comment

Unfortunately we did lose Tom Alexander this last April in a plane crash in Sacramento, Ca. He had built a Glassair Sportsman experimental plane and was on his +/-5th flight when he had some sort of mechanical failure. I don't think the NTSB has released their official findings yet so we don't know what happened with any certainty. Tom was a great mechanic and heavily focused on safety so it troubles us to consider what went wrong.

Tom was a great friend and true grandfather of the NGV industry. I was priviledged to have spent time working side by side with Tom and we can all be thankfull for his many contributions to NGV safety standards and industry standard designs of today.

Tom was great at making friends (around the world) and it was near impossible to get the information of his loss out to everyone so please pass this on to others who may not know what happened.

Comment

Thanks for the info I first met Tom at one of Leo's technology exchanges. We shared a love of experimental aircraft. You are right he was a true gentleman and will be missed.

Comment

Working...
          X