What Category is it to install CNG systems on vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Category is it to install CNG systems on vehicles

I own a auto repair shop - in San Antonio - would like to qualify to install CNG systems - the TRRC website is quite confusing to someone that has never been in it before. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: What Category is it to install CNG systems on vehicles

Franz hopefully will post your answer, I know theres a difference if you are a manufacture, then just an installer. Take one of TRRC classes and pass the test. I believe cat 5 mgt is the one to have.

Comment

Re: What Category is it to install CNG systems on vehicles

The company must have a Category 2 license (Service and Installation) and anyone who installs the system must take an employee level exam, also called the Category 2. At least one person in a management capacity must take the Cat 2 exam which is closed book, the employee level exam is open book.

Category 5 is for cylinder service only. This information is on page(s) 32 of the Texas CNG-LNG Safety Rules which are downloadable from the RRC Website (http://www.propane.tx.gov/publicatio...regulation.pdf)

All exam questions are based on rules and regulations, not on practical installation questions. In Texas, the Tx RRC has their own CNG Safety Code which the NFPA 52 was based on. It is similar to the NFPA 52 but more strict in some areas.

There are no CNG exam prep classes, although if a large enough group wants some guidance, an unofficial workshop might be set up.

Exams are administered every working day from 8-12 at the Bolm Road Training Center.

Call 512-463-6845 for clarification.

Franz
      Last edited by Franz; 10-12-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X