Just here to hunt for info on CNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just here to hunt for info on CNG

The shop is looking for some potential CNG vehicles, and I am the one they want to learn about the system. Hopefully, you guys can help me find my answers. Thanks, Paul.

Re: Just here to hunt for info on CNG

Welcome aboard Paul.

What type of vehicles are looking for: cars, light-duty trucks, heavy-duty trucks?
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Paul at Cmac View Post
      .. and I am the one they want to learn about the system.
      There is not much to it if you are going to buy used factory CNG vehicles. Ya buy 'em and run them. If you are thinking about purchasing new cars/trucks to convert to CNG .. heh, yeah.

Let's just say that you will need to be prepared to lay out some cash and a lot of it because, currently, nobody has anything that I personally would call affordable.

Good luck.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
        Welcome aboard Paul.

What type of vehicles are looking for: cars, light-duty trucks, heavy-duty trucks?
        We will likely run light trucks, and a car or 3 for sales reps. Not for our cranes, or welding rigs at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by jblue View Post
          There is not much to it if you are going to buy used factory CNG vehicles. Ya buy 'em and run them. If you are thinking about purchasing new cars/trucks to convert to CNG .. heh, yeah.

Let's just say that you will need to be prepared to lay out some cash and a lot of it because, currently, nobody has anything that I personally would call affordable.

Good luck.

Actually, we are looking for the info regarding a fueling station at our company HQ. You'd think the manufacturers would have their units, models, sizes, requirements and specs available easily. Not really the case.... And yeah, you're right about cost; either we get a piddly unit that could barely pump enough gas to Make a hogfart, or you step up to filling an entire fleet in an hour and a half. Not much middle ground being offered in there.
          Last edited by Paul at Cmac; 09-01-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Might consider using public filling stations. There is a nice one in Long Beach near the airpot.

Check out cngprices.com

Comment

Suggestion: Start with one 'hogfart' compressor and one vehicle. Then guess at the amount of 'storage' you will need or find it used, use the public stations when it isn't enough, and then expand the system with vehicles, compressors and storage tanks as needed. Everything can connect and work together.

The only drawback with this kind of system is it might end up taking up more space than the same capacity system purchased at the beginning. But, then you can always upgrade and sell the old stuff.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

What freedml said, but I wouldn't go for storage unless you really get a significant fleet or have people drive long distances and need a quick refill during the day. Start with one unit, add more units when needed to a joint fuel line.

Comment

Feel free to contact me I have been in the CNG business in Long Beach for quite a few years. I would be more than happy to help you any way I can. Feel free to P.M. me with contact info.

Comment

If you need any advice shoot me a PM.

Comment

Go see Charlie at Rossmore Pastries on Redondo check out his station for his CNG fleet of 13 He started at 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X