2004 CNG Civic for 7500 + tax? Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 CNG Civic for 7500 + tax? Buy?

Hi, I am a newbie. I found a CNG Civic for sale at a Honda dealer for about $8200 out the door. Has 102,000 miles on it.

Also has the dregs of an Alpine stereo, and a Parrot bluetooth gizmo. Exterior is silver.

Anyone just trade this in???

Please drop me a line if you have an opinion about a high miles Civic, and the value for the price.

Winnie

Re: 2004 CNG Civic for 7500 + tax? Buy?

You would have 48k left on the California CNG/Emissions warranty. Price sounds a little high.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Does that warranty cover everything that can go wrong with the CVT? Someone sent me a private message saying that thing can end up needing $6000 repairs!

Thanks for your opinion on pricing.

Winnie

Comment

The CVT warranty runs out at 100k. A new one from Honda is indeed $6k. Rebuilt from Honda $3k. I know a guy in So. Cal. who will rebuild it for $1600.

No fun any way you slice it, although the problem seems to have been mostly worked out by the 2004 model year. Mine are 01 and 02 and were replaced (mostly) under warranty (I paid labor only for one which was just over 100k miles).
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

Since you are buying this from a dealer, you might consider trying to negotiate an extended warranty. If you are willing to have your work done with them, you might be able to work something out.

Last year I bought a 2004 with 110K miles on it and it's been great so far. I paid about $7K from a private party.

For $7K I was able to try the experience of owning, driving and refuling an NGV. I didn't want to pay 25K and find out it was a big mistake.

Well, I am an enthusiastic convert and have found the experience to be great. So get into this one, or find another!

Comment

Working...
          X