Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Project/Engineering Manager of FuelMaker

Hello All…
    My name is Tracey Demaline and I am the “former” Project / Engineering Manager for FuelMaker.(since 2002)

I have extensive knowledge of every engineering detail of the HRA as well as most of the other FuelMaker product line.

If you have any “technical” about any of the FuelMaker compressors or systems, please feel free to message me and I will try to help where I can.

BTW, although I no longer have access to any of the FuelMaker Drawings, Documentation, or Software, I should still be able to track down the majority of the design using “back-up” emails or my personal notes.

Tracey

Re: Former Project/Engineering Manager of FuelMaker

Where can we get the software to "read" and reset the Phill?
    By the way, welcome!
    Last edited by John Mitton; 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM.
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

Getting the software that "reads" the codes is very easy, getting the software to reset the hours is much more difficult as it only resided on the production machinery.

First things first, code reading...

Give me a few days and I will track down the Field Diagnostic software. It can be run on any Windows system that has a RS232 port.

Second thing, and it could be tricky.
      If someone hacks into the HRA memory and tries to change the "hour meter" or any other parameter, the safety system will detect the change in the CRC and immediately erase the entire Flash Memory..This makes it impossible to "test" your hack without risking the operation of the unit. (it was not put into the system to defeat hacking but to prevent operation in the event of a weak memory location)

That being said, I believe that I should be able to get my hands on a copy of the operating system and boot-loader so it can be reloaded. (that will take more time)

If there are any Programmers out there that want to contact me, I can provide them with the memory map for the parameter tables.

Comment

Originally posted by HRAguy View Post
        Getting the software that "reads" the codes is very easy, getting the software to reset the hours is much more difficult as it only resided on the production machinery.

First things first, code reading...

Give me a few days and I will track down the Field Diagnostic software. It can be run on any Windows system that has a RS232 port.

Second thing, and it could be tricky.
        If someone hacks into the HRA memory and tries to change the "hour meter" or any other parameter, the safety system will detect the change in the CRC and immediately erase the entire Flash Memory..This makes it impossible to "test" your hack without risking the operation of the unit. (it was not put into the system to defeat hacking but to prevent operation in the event of a weak memory location)

That being said, I believe that I should be able to get my hands on a copy of the operating system and boot-loader so it can be reloaded. (that will take more time)

If there are any Programmers out there that want to contact me, I can provide them with the memory map for the parameter tables.
        Sorry my computer had a "glitch", wasn't sure what it wanted to do so just kept posting the same message.
        Thanks sounds good. It's a damn shame what Honda has done. I checked the patents on the phill and saw that many of the parts came pre-honda although they have been assigned the patent. Any thoughts?
        Craig
        2009 GX
        2000 K2500
        2002 Cavalier
        1998 Contour

Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to CNGchat HRAguy!

The innkeeper is here to satisfy your every wish. For now we have updated your title and have reserved our finest accommodations... you are going to be popular around here

Comment

Re: Welcome!

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
            Welcome to CNGchat HRAguy!

The innkeeper is here to satisfy your every wish. For now we have updated your title and have reserved our finest accommodations... you are going to be popular around here
            Ditto...my leige
            2009 GX
            2000 K2500
            2002 Cavalier
            1998 Contour

Comment

Welcome to the group HRAguy. I am having a problem with my Phill. I can refuel two or three times (about a week). After that I start the Phill and get an error light. Right now I can't get it to start. Just the fan and an error light. I have had the Phill for about two years. Pushing the "Start and Stop" buttons at the same time to get the error code does not work. Do you have any insights?
              Bruce
              Bruce D.
              '05 Silver GX

Comment

I'm so mad about the way Honda treated you and all of your colleagues!
                02 GX
                01 GX
                03 Crown Vic
                06 GX
                Home Fueler

Comment

Sorry about the Honda Fiasco at Fuelmaker.

I have the same problem with a Phill as Bruce. Phill unit went to regen cycle and didn't come out. Error light in panel shows vent problem. There is no problem with the vent system. Powered unit down per instruction book but it comes back to regen cycle light. After a few minutes the error light lights up and regen light goes out. Unit was installed and turned on in mid March this year. (would still be under warrenty if Fuelmaker was around)

Looks like this is a boardlevel problem. Any suggestions or anybody around that has parts and can get it working?

Dave

Comment

I had the same problem a few years back. FM couldn't fix the problem over the phone and I suspected a overheat issue. I pulled the vent cover off and cleaned out the machine with dried air then relocated it out of direct sunlight and presto everything came back to normal. No problems since.
                    2009 GX
                    2000 K2500
                    2002 Cavalier
                    1998 Contour

Comment

There was a problem with the exhaust fans a year or two ago which I think showed up as a vent error.
                      02 GX
                      01 GX
                      03 Crown Vic
                      06 GX
                      Home Fueler

Comment

Thanks. Problem solved. Not dirt and temperature of 50 degrees in the garage wasn't a problem. Opened the outer housing up and used an inspection mirror to chec things out. Found a 1/4" thick and 1-1/2" square foam with sticky stuff on one side wedged and stuck between the back wall and the fan blade. Probably from shipping. Removed said foam and fan started right up when I hit start button. Unit went into water purge cycle the began pumping normally.

Under the circumstances I thought I had made a 33K investment for nothing. Looking forward to a long and productive vehicke and compressor life.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X