Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on buying a used 2001 Chevy Pass Van?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on buying a used 2001 Chevy Pass Van?

I have an opportunity to buy a used 2001, bi fuel (CNG/Gasoline)Chevy Passenger van with 21K miles on it.
    I'm in upstate NY and we have a county filling station only a few miles from our house. But it seems that there is no support for them (no certified installers of new systems in NY) Anyone have experience with such vans? What is it worth?
    Thanks
    Matt

Re: Opinions on buying a used 2001 Chevy Pass Van?

I have a 2001 just like the one you're talking about, it's a much nicer van than the Ford E350. I bought mine at the wrong time,I went through it fixing it all up and now I'd be lucky to get $5,000 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CNGparts View Post
      I have a 2001 just like the one you're talking about, it's a much nicer van than the Ford E350. I bought mine at the wrong time,I went through it fixing it all up and now I'd be lucky to get $5,000 for it.
      dont fret oil will go back up see who is smileing then

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I feel that additional information needs to be added about those Chevy CNG vans. The installations by IMPCO are very well done with the exception of a set of clevis pins that goes through a pin on the tank bracket assy. Take a close look at that location to see if those pins have rotated and chaffed the cylinders in that location. This was a factory defect that was corrected on the later model vans, by using smaller clevis pins that could not abrade regardless of rotation. Good luck trying to get inspection Data for those Faber tanks, as neither Faber or GM will release the repair criteria and the Factory CNG service manual does not go into detail regarding what level of damage is acceptable to repair. If this damage has occurred it will be located in the Horizontal portion of the cylinder and is more critical than the same mild abrasion if it were located in the Dome portion of the cylinder. If the tanks have level one damage then I would pass on purchasing this type of vehicle, unless you can buy it dirt cheap (which would open up funds for new cylinders). Although the Faber cylinders look well manufactured, I personally would never buy a cylinder from them due to the lack of technical support. Companies like Faber and GM deserve to go out of business and not be propped up with my tax dollars.

Comment

Working...
        X