A Newbie from southwest PA with a new 2012 Honda Civic CNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Newbie from southwest PA with a new 2012 Honda Civic CNG

Hello everyone! I found your forum and after reading posts for a few hours yesterday, decided that I had to join. I live in an area about 30 miles southeast of Pittsburgh where the marcellus shale is located. Within about 3 miles of my home, there are a total of 19 horizontal gas wells, some of which are already online. It's hard to believe that the closest CNG filling station is about 40 miles away (about 30 miles if I felt like fighting the traffic into Pittsburgh). Pennsylvania received a $2.6M grant to build six CNG filling stations and they all end up going to the other side of the state. So, my new little Honda CNG sits in my driveway with about 250 miles on it until a filling station is built closer to home. I knew that going into the purchase that I wouldn't be driving it for awhile so I'm not upset or anything. I just couldn't pass up the price, with the state rebate and the $2,000 Visa Gift card for the leftover 2012 Honda CNG.

My brother purchased one too since he drives to work in Pittsburgh everyday where there are two filling stations. CNG is $1.94 GGE in Pittsburgh and he tells me that it's saving him over $300/month in fuel purchase.

I'm looking forward to being a member. Thanks!

Dave

Re: A Newbie from southwest PA with a new 2012 Honda Civic CNG

Welcome and congrats. I am sure you will enjoy your alternative fuel vehicle. Hopefully there will be cng station near your place soon. Wonder if you considering buying HRA?

Comment

it sounds like a HRA would do the trick for you. if your brother lives close to you maybe MAYBE it would be possible for the two of you to use the same one. As a newbie myself I am working on a HRA for myself also and will laugh every mile I drive at hopefully just under $1 per gallon.

Comment

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...another-thred)

Comment

Suggest you post a Want to Buy thread on the Marketplace to find a Home Refueling Appliance.
          One great option would be an old Fuelmaker C3. They fill to 2800 psi but are probably cheap. Bob Hatton here on the forum keeps them in stock:
          http://www.cngchat.com/forum/member.php?5685-Bob-Hatton

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, although they have all these marcellus wells being drilled around my home, we do not have natural gas but run basically on wood for heat (outdoor wood furnace-Central Boiler CL6048) and electric. BUT, my brother with the Civic CNG lives around 15 miles away lives in a development with natural gas (Thanks for the idea N Illi Chuck). So this could be an option after all. John Mitton, I clicked the link for Bob Hatton but what came up is "Ortiesdad, you do not have permission to access this page. Can you give me any help? I'd really like to see what he has and talk it over with my brother.

Much thanks to all!

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X