Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Price differential for CNG cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Price differential for CNG cars.

Anyone have any numbers on the price differential for NGVs vs gasoline cars in countries like Italy, India or Argentina where there is a significant adoption of CNG?

My guess is that the high differential cost in the US is, in part, attributable to the fact that we have such a small number of conversions. Any thoughts?

Re: International Price differential for CNG cars.

The difference is probably resultant US bureaucracy overhead... for additional testing, environmental compliance, and safety equipment required by EPA/DOT regs- the reason most conversions never see US soil.

Comment

I ditto the bureaucracy problem that Rtry9a mentions above.

The USA had Bush Jr in office 8 yrs and EPA was nothing more that roadblock for cng to move forward. Couple that with car makers "being in bed" with Big Oil, and result was ostrich with head in sand over the resounding evidence that CNG would be immediate help to USA dependence on foreign crude oil, AND FURTHER YET the USA is now having increasing pollution problem due to vehicles that kept churning out emissions while only getting an average of say 18 o 20 mpg in real world driving. Why wouldn't any rational country quickly implement CNG? Hopefully Obama has turned the tide in the right direction.

I look forward to day when I can go to Dodge/Fiat dealership and have option for cng vehicle (dedicated or bi-fuel) on top of fact that it will get 35 to 40 mpg!! It's happening in Europe and Asia, there's just NO REASON that it can't be happening in USA.
      Last edited by cngacrossusa; 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Anybody have actual numbers on the price differential on new vehicles in Italy? Argentina?

Comment

I personally wonder if all the overhead bs actually adds any value to the us customer. My guess is that it does not in most cases.

Comment

Working...
          X