4 ft spear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 ft spear

I can not remember the math from school anyone remember to come up with the cubic ft of a spear or know what the gge of a 4ft spear at 5000 psi is

Re: 4 ft spear

Quite a formula for spherical containers. I almost flunked high school math so I found a website, www.handymath.com that can answer the cubic ft part of the question by just inputing the diameter of the sphere and how full it is. In this case, the numbers are the same, 4 feet diameter and 4 feet full. As to the cubic feet of storage under pressure, I don't have tables that go that high but I am sure someone on this site (or the internet) does.

Comment

that is a great site everyone should put this link to handy math in there favorites

Comment

Cowboy,
        As far as I remember, a 4ft sphere holds about 10,000 cuft of gas. About the same as 1 cylinder in a standard three pack.
        Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

10,250 cf @ 4000 psi. I don't know the math it is on the tag of my sphere.

Comment

http://www.tulsagastech.com/sphere.html Look here for a speck sheet.

Comment

thanks everyone the math site above gave me the cu ft than I times it 340 bar and came up with 11993cu ft @5000 or 88 gge at 129 cu ft per gge anyone see anything wrong with that thanx

Comment

Working...
              X