Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuelmaker C-3 dongle add 2000 hrs to run time -- $250.00?? Are you kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuelmaker C-3 dongle add 2000 hrs to run time -- $250.00?? Are you kidding me?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140313421485

.. and it's cousin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130367550932
    When the first 2000 hours have passed, simply remove the dongal and the C-3 will run an additional 2000 hours.
    Two things right off the bat:

a) Given how nearly obscure C-3's are, I cannot imagine anyone sinking cash into a production run of IC's to stuff into a DB25 shell. So there is a high degree of probability that rules out any PCB "magic".

b) Since you can simply remove the dongle and get another 2000 hours, that sure smells like logic levels being played with. I would wager that if you popped the top on that DB25 shell you would see nothing more than resistors working some very expensive magic.

Useful product? Perhaps.

Over-priced?

Last edited by John Mitton; 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM. Reason: reduced graphic size

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Re: Fuelmaker C-3 dongle add 2000 hrs to run time -- $250.00?? Are you kidding me?

Obviously JBlue is not up on the value of a C3. For One thing they are not obscure. And they are not a prototype. They actually went into production in the early/late 1990's. Are there any parts left? Yes, We have about 160 full C3 units and plenty of C3 parts available. There is a good demand for this perfect unit. There is a shop in Toronto that actually rebuilds/refurbishes the parts for C3's right down to the crankshaft. Maybe JBlue should look at the site the Little Metal Shop, and maybe he will rethink his diatribe on the C3, the 3rd evolution of the comprerssor by Fuelmaker with the Swiss parts.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X