Annoying Mail From Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Mail From Dealer

For the past few months I've received letters from a local Honda dealer, who shall remain nameless, regarding "Manufacturer's Required Maintenance.," (MRM)

They go on to tell me how unique my Honda is and how important it is to keep up the MRM to protect the warranty. ( I thought the warranty was suppose to protect me!) They also alude to the fact that my maintenance minder light will be turning on soon indicating my car needs MRM.

They've sent out one letter back in November of last year estimating my mileage to be 40,000 miles and telling me it was time for MRM. Their mileage estimate was off; I didn't have 40k miles on the car. Earlier this month I received a carbon copy letter stating the same doom and gloom telling me my car needs the 45k mile MRM.

The dealer is just trying to make money. THERE IS NO 40,000 MILE OR 45,000 MILE MANUFACTURER'S REQUIRED MAINTENANCE FOR AN '07 GX! If you get one of these letters don't sweat it, read your owner's manual and watch your maintenance minder. Don't take their word for it.

Ironically enough this is a GX that has a rough idle and the dealers won't do anything about that. The computer doesn't spit out an error code, so the rough idle is "normal."

Bill

Re: Annoying Mail From Dealer

If they said "Manufacturer's" required maintenance then that is a new low. I've gotten caught by asking for the 'recommended maintenance' and having a dealer do its package which, of course, included a bunch of stuff that isn't in the book.

Failing to do 'recommended maintenance' can only void your warranty if it directly led to causing the problem, like not ever changing the oil causing engine failure. But if you never change the oil you still have coverage on everything else that's unrelated.

Letters aren't that bad, compared to the annoying and repetitive phone calls I've been getting from, I'll name names, Robertson's Palmdale Honda.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Bill & Mike, If you wish to be taken off the contact list simply email [email protected]. They will gladly stop sending the Recommended (NOT REQUIERED) Service Reminders and calling you.

In this economy, people are cutting corners with their spending, and vehicle maintenance is no exception. Any business that fails to try and offer superior customer service is doomed these days.

Robertson's offers these services to assist our customers in maintaining their vehicles as Factory Recommended. Mileage is estimated, and mailers generated, based on average mileage estimates. I've found them to be extremely accurate for my car... yes, I get them too, along with discount coupons for frequently needed services.

I would offer that this forum is for GX specific issues... not complaints about marketing issues. Take that up with the dealer. You'll be surprised at how eager they will be to remove you from their lists.

Comment

The phone list needs to be 'opt in' -- you have to say 'yes, call and remind me' while you're at the dealer. I don't mind mailings because they don't interrupt my day, but to take my phone number used to contact me from a service invoice and put it on an autodialer is not ok without my express permission.
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

I get these messages for oil changes. (I can tell that, though they include the dealership, Ken Garff, they aren't coming from the dealer because the are identical to the reminder mailers we get for my wife's Odyssey we purchased from another dealer 300 miles away.)

What I love is that they come like clockwork, every 3 months, which is the typical, "traditional" oil change interval. But that is nowhere near as often as a GX needs an oil change. I laugh as I throw away the coupons that will expire LONG before I need service again.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
            I laugh as I throw away the coupons that will expire LONG before I need service again.
            I laugh as I throw away the coupons from the Chrysler dealership because I can do an oil change myself with Mobil1 syn much cheaper and without the hassle.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I believe you're right. I think the mail is generated from Honda, rather than the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
                Bill & Mike, If you wish to be taken off the contact list simply email [email protected]. They will gladly stop sending the Recommended (NOT REQUIERED) Service Reminders and calling you.
                Curtis,

It's not Robertson's that are sending these letters. I do get the one's from Robertson's, too. Robertson's does have recommended maintenance specials and $ off specials on parts.

It's not Robertson's I have the problem with it's the other dealer.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                X