X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska GX
    replied
    Re: Winter is coming, Check your Generator and Emergency Supplies

Three cords of wood split and stacked, 15 gals of stabilized gasoline for the generator, moose, salmon and hailbut in the frezzer.....now if the GX was all wheel drive I could get to the store for more beer.

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

Oh, I definitely see a reason to have a backup generator... I'm just saying.. i don't see it as a winter related issue (not that I've SEEN a winter in quite some time). I'm pretty sure there is more risk of losing power in socal from either the Autumn Santa Ana winds, or the summer grid overloading.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

Originally posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    ummm.. you feel you need a generator for 'winter' in lakewood?

FUZZY ,A few years back on a rainy X-Mass day in Lakewoood, something got wet in a So-Cal Edison underground vault , and we had an outage for about a day.
    The Grandkids could not run the model train set , no nintendo games, was unable to run the Phill to re-fuel the GX to go to the store for more Beer , had to cook on the BBQ and the furnace requires power . We even had to wear sweaters inside

On a serious note , It was intended as a general reminder for those who live in places with real " oh crap, it's day two without power and the pipes are going to freeze and burst" kind of winter storms.

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

ummm.. you feel you need a generator for 'winter' in lakewood?

Leave a comment:

• Winter is coming, Check your Generator and Emergency Supplies

I dug out the Tri-Fuel generator from the garage today. Always ran it on Gasoline or Propane in the past. After 6 years, finally put in a N.G. BBQ quick connector on the patio, and hooked the generator to N.G. . Works Great , and no exhaust odor ! .

Time to change smoke detector and CO detector batteries too.
Working...
X