New AAA Services - Towing Range Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AAA Services - Towing Range Options

I found out today that AAA recently increased its services to include towing beyond the normal 7 mile limit.

It'll cost more (haven't checked the pricing yet), but for me, it'll probably be worth it, especially when I run out of fuel in the wrong place.

See http://www.aaa-calif.com/mem/auto/ers.aspx
    AAA Premier 200 mi. (1st tow only)
    AAA Plus 100 mi.
    White '09 GX

Re: New AAA Services - Towing Range Options

It's been available for many years, and in a dedicated CNG vehicle it's a great idea. A few years ago, before www.cngprices.com, my wife went to 3 or 4 stations to buy cng before running out. One was totally gone, others were out of service or didn't have electricity. We had 'plus' and the driver took her to 2 or 3 more until they found one that worked.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

While you're looking into it, ask them about the per-mile extra charge if you just stay on the normal one. I don't remember it being too large, and if you don't plan on running out of gas (in three years I haven't yet, knock on wood), then you can just spend the extra tow money when you need it. If you find out a number, post it here, though. =)

Cheers,
      Todd
      CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
      CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
      AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Hi They have a 100 mile option, as the closest qualified repair station is over 50 miles from me I signed up a few years ago and have used it at least 3 times, saved me about $50 per tow

Comment

As of 2 Oct 2009, from
          https://www.aaa-calif.com/apps/members/OLM/memNew.aspx
          Premier — 200 mile-tow option (1st tow) $102
          Plus — 100 mile-tow option $ 76
          Classic — 7 mile $47

Originally posted by cngprices View Post
          While you're looking into it, ask them about the per-mile extra charge if you just stay on the normal one.
          They said it depends on the tow truck and area... can be anywhere between $3-12.

Originally posted by freedml View Post
          It's been available for many years...
          OK... "New" to me (it's all relative)! Gary (my spouse) tells me now that he got the Plus option after I got the car last year. Nice he let's me know!
          Last edited by eloo; 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM.
          White '09 GX

Comment

Working...
          X