Heard of new VRA called CH4M5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of new VRA called CH4M5 ?

On Ebay there is VRA called CH4M5 that claims to refuel at 2.5 gge/hr for $13,500 and only needs rebuilt after 10 years . . . . see at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...Q5fAccessories

Anyone ever heard of this VRA ? Is it legitimate ? Anyone have one to attest whether 10 yr rebuild claim holds up ?
    Last edited by cngacrossusa; 08-01-2009, 09:07 PM.

Re: Heard of new VRA called CH4M5 ?

I think there is a thread about this already--It's been on E-bay for awhile. At the time I called about the VRA, it didn't exist but a prototype was enroute to "Bob". I am pretty sure the listing is to gauge interest in getting this thing manufactured. Bob has been around on E-bay for awhile selling parts of CNG cars and Fuelmakers. I believe he may have been a Fuelmaker dealer in Wisconsin. I wish him well in getting this thing going, however, as we all know there are a lot of hoops to jump through before it is a vaible product.

Comment

I'll let you know in 110 years...
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Don't know about UL listings etc., but I did speak with Bob Wincek this morning and he confirmed that his first shipment of these VRAs are currently enroute from Germany.

Comment

Washe able to tell you the manufacturer? when I asked him this, he told me it was manufactured by "Germany".. That was the end of our correspondence. Still, it would be nice to get some other options in the states, just realize that this higher flow unit cannot be used indoors, and there may technically be some tighter zoning regulations. Almost certainly would require a larger regulator be installed on your gas line as well, to prevent from either starving it, or worse, other pilot lights in the building.

The prices he was quoting was also VERY high, for something relatively untested, and as far as I can tell, uncertified...
          1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
          2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

insted of changing the regulater just change the orficer two dollers insted of sixty and 5 minnits just remove the diafram at the big nut and find a socket that fits it screwit out and drill it or buy a biger one and screw it in and you are ready to go you need to check what your line psi is as if it is high it will not let a large orfice seat bbut if it is high a 3/16 or 1/4 should not starve the compresser I am useing a 1/2 orfice with 10 lbs line as where I moved has low pressure and can still pump 4 to 5 gge per hr at the old place I had 50 lbs and ran a 3/16 orfice so I dont think 2 gge should cause many problem

Comment

Does anyone know if he has one hooked up and working on display? I would make the trip out to WI when time allows. I would love to own one and be the first to get one here on the west coast. But wow $13K is alot
              Mario
              AAA CNG SYSTEMS
              CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Working...
              X