Wind Turbines for sale T.B.Pickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Turbines for sale T.B.Pickens

There is a massive wind farm in SW Wyoming and there is a large scale farm going up in Milford UT. Maybe they might expand the farms.

I guess putting up transmission towers would not be a shovel ready Government job,kind of like the one's Obama was talking about.

*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090707/...ns_wind_energy

Pickens calls off massive wind farm in Texas Play Video AP – Pickens calls off massive wind farm in Texas

In this June 15, 2009 photo, T. Boone Pickens, president of BP Capital Group, AP – In this June 15, 2009 photo, T. Boone Pickens, president of BP Capital Group, speaks at Time Warner headquarters …
    Wed Jul 8, 1:47 am ET

(Reuters) – Texas oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens has called off plans to build the world's biggest wind farm in the Texas Panhandle, the Wall Street Journal said.

Pickens said the wind farm project was scuttled partly because of the lack of adequate transmission lines to carry the electricity from remote locations to cities, according to the paper.

The oil tycoon had hoped to build new transmission lines but could not secure financing, the paper said.

Pickens plans to find new homes for the turbines that he already agreed to buy, the paper said, citing a statement.

Pickens could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters.

Re: Wind Turbines for sale T.B.Pickens

I'm on it uncle Boone, Uh , Mr. Pickens.

New locations: Washington D.C. and Sacramento CA.

The capitol buildings at both locations produce a constant stream of HOT AIR and would run the Wind Turbines at maximum speed 24/7.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

YEP and there is plenty of access to transmission lines.See problem solved.

Comment

Well said gents. large scale distributed generation keeps the energy monoply intact for the forseeable future. i don't think the transmission lines will be running through any politicos back yards any time soon.

Comment

Working...
        X