http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/12...um-stunning-l/
    BLUE 09 GX

Re: 95 MPG Honda Civic

What can I say. Pretty it's not!

Ouch!!

Chris

Comment

Pretty ugly and way cool that normal guy can get 95 mpg . . . but Big Three automakers "can't improve fuel economy to raise CAFE standards" . . . . hah, what a joke!! EPA and Pres Bush Jr are biggest employees of Big Oil and lazy auto manufacturers that I've ever seen in my lifetime . . . . and yes my mom used to drive me in a Model T !!! By the way, the Model T got around 25 mpg which is BETTER than Ford corporate avg fuel economy of all their cars!!! Pitiful . . . . just shameful . . . . Henry Ford still rolling in grave in dispair!!

I saw similar handyman method of improving fuel mpg by guy that had older DIESEL Toyota Corolla . . . around 1.5 ltr (yes, they DID make diesels for US back in 70's and early 80's) and he was getting around 65 mpg with just a aero "wind buster" that bolted to his front bumper. It looked like a old-fashioned train's cattle guard but his bumper extension was covered in riveted aluminum and angled down towards the ground so wind would just follow it up and over the hood. I'm talking low budget also around maybe $100 or so.

Time for automakers to IMPROVE AERO of cars and REDUCE WEIGHT, or get out of way (ie go bankrupt) and let new era of micro-manufacturers begin making cars that are either: all electric, electric/CNG hybrid, CNG bi-fuel (CNG or normal gas / E85) . . . . . and that's it. No more churning out same old 6,000 lb Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition or Toyota Sequoia and claiming it's some sort of great vehicle . . . . they're JUNK!!
      Last edited by cngacrossusa; 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

cngacrossusa,

I agree fully with you. The "hand-in-pocket" attitude between the auto makers (big 3) and govermnent is rediculous! Look at GM's last electric car EV1. People were very happy with it but the oil companies weren't. So what happened.....it's gone. Now GM is touting their new Volt as the next best thing!!! If they just would have stuck with the original and worked on developing better batteries. Just my $0.02 worth.

Comment

I am the proud owner of 2 CNG vehicles (97 CrownVic & 01 F-150), however, I am not interested in a 95MPG vehicle if it is a civic or anything that size. I also have a Suburban and a Tahoe for hauling my family and equipment when I travel. They are great comfortable vehicles that serve a purpose other than transportation from point A to point B. What I really want is well engineered bi-fuel large SUV's that I can use to haul equipment in a secure manner.

Comment

Hello Garden Grove, CA with large vehicles,

Another sad fact . . . GM actually has a bi-fuel van that they sell in Europe & Asia but will NOT bring over to the USA. It's called the GM/Opel Zafira. It's a mid-size van with excellent engineering with 4 cng tanks tucked up within the frame which leaves all the passenger and cargo room accessible. When GM has the guts to make the "hybrid" Tahoe a bi-fuel with CNG, then I'll cut them some slack. Until then, I say let GM go bankrupt!!!

Also, how can GM say they're trying to make anything better when the very first year for XFE (ie "eXtra Fuel Efficient) models was 2009 when GM has known for years that gas hogs were on the way out. GM just wants to sell old-tech dinosaurs like Tahoe and pickup at $40,000 each with same 6,000 lbs of steel . . . come on!! Compare to Corvette at $55,000 which has all the tech goodies like carbon fiber, 500 hp engine, 6 speed transmission, etc. The gravy days to GM ripping off customers are over. RIP old-school GM . . . same for Dodge and Ford. Only longshot left is Ford that has new vision and desire to sell smaller cars.

And guess what GM's "new" XFE vehicles have different . . . . better aerodynamics (ie trucks that are lower to the ground, rather than have 14 INCHES of empty space ABOVE the tires), lighter weight, and better transmissions - - - wow, it really took a rocket scientist for those improvements!!##%%[email protected]@!!
            Last edited by cngacrossusa; 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X