This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how fast have u gone (mph)?

what was the fastest speed you guys ever driven in your gx?

Mine was 105mph

Re: how fast have u gone (mph)?

105mph in a civic?
    That must have been on a downhill road
    Mario
    AAA CNG SYSTEMS
    CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

I know someone who hit 111mph in a 99 Cavalier with a 3-speed automatic. I wasn't there, but I heard it was on a downhill in the Nevada Desert.
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

My GPS says my max is 146 mph. I think it must be a glitch in the GPS trip computer. I do not believe it (I would have remembered going that fast!).

Comment

hahaha yea there must be a glitch... i don't think the gx can go that fast!

But 105mph is possible and easy to do.

Comment

Please dont go out and try to see how fast you can go unless you can drive on a nice smooth track or the Autobahn. The freeways here are so bad it is not safe to go over 100 mph in any car.
            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Driving home from the dealership with the "Honda Certified" 07 with 80K on the clock, I lifted when I saw the 100... It was still accelerating...
              Chuck J

Who wants to see another 8th Gen Civic, anyway?
              Addicted to Unique Rides

Comment

I was on my way home from the NASCAR race in Las Vegas in March of 2008 with a couple of buddies in my '01 Cavalier. The governor kicked in at 107 mph. And I wasn't the fastest on the freeway headed home.
                Jared.
                Mountain Green, Utah
                2003 CNG Cavalier
                2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I did 112 mph in my first 09 Civic GX. I did 104mph just this week on my way to Phoenix from LA.

Comment

I just ran 100 MPH in my 2001 Civic GX.

She ran great, smooth & comfy

Comment

140- but it not in a GX; my '95 Mustang Cobra was still strongly accelerating when the front end got lighter than I wanted to push any further (in Montana when it was "legal"). FWIW, I do know my bifuel F150 will cruise @ 85-90mph for hours, without problems and lots left over, but never pushed it beyond that speed due to tire restrictions.

Comment

the fastest i've done is 125mph in my accord... on my natural gas civic I've done 109mph and it was still accelerating, but i had to slow down cuz i didnt want to die.... vtec is so awesome at high end

Comment

I prefer to drive the speed limit so those passing can wonder about the CNG diamond sticker. Its an exposure thing in the mid-west.

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
                            I prefer to drive the speed limit so those passing can wonder about the CNG diamond sticker. Its an exposure thing in the mid-west.
                            Note: if you are holding up traffic, it pisses people off and gives the wrong impression. If you want to drive slow... hang an electric hybrid sticker on your vehicle ;-)

Comment

Ten over and get a ticket. Let the b*heads get pissed and ticketed. I'm setting an example and getting better mileage.

Wrong impression???? You have an issue with abiding with the law?

PS we aren't in as big a hurry around these parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X