worst comes to worst....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst comes to worst....

It looks like gas prices are going lower and lower everyday... It's now at around $38/barrell.... and prices at the pump are getting lower and lower each day while CE pumps for CNG is still at $1.65/gge

what if gas prices stay low and the NG companies like Clean Energy go bankrupt, where the hell would I fill up? lol

how low can CE pumps go?

Re: worst comes to worst....

All kidding aside, it's good question. Who would pick up the pieces.. Sempra, Trillium? IF CE were to fail why would Trillium be different?

Some here hold animosity toward CE, but in the end we need them and they need us. I don’t see CNG being able to offset oil without a few companies like CE and Trillium. What I mean to say is that we need someone to be the CNG distribution point for our comunities, some corporation to put in and manage the stations and pumps in places like Colorado Springs and Estees park and Blyth and every other 100 miles on the interstate. I'd still love to have a pump at home but I also want to be able to drive to Aspen or Mammoth without having to think about a station being down that would set my trip back a few days. I believe that even in the worst situation that some bailout would come forward to save CE or whatever regional provider might get in trouble. Mabey I've had a bit to much of the CNG punch, I don't think so, but time will tell.

Chris
    Last edited by SCChris; 12-24-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Here's another side. CE isn't just a seller of natural gas. They are a buyer as well. So, CE will benefit from a lower cost of supply.

The real challenge for CE is to keep a favorable spread between NG and diesel. In the short run, I doubt that they really want to sell to retail customers like us. They want to sell to the trucking market that can see significant real hard number cost savings from using ng.

While CE's market is now focused on local use like buses and garbage trucks, there are some people who are looking to over the road use. See for example what Westport Innovations (westport.com) is doing.

I don't like paying high prices for filling up my civic GX, but CE is not making money and is burning through cash. In the long run, it shouldn't matter whether my fill up is $11 or $12, as long as I am not giving money to people who hate us.

Comment

Originally posted by SCChris View Post
        All kidding aside, it's good question. Who would pick up the pieces.. Sempra, Trillium? IF CE were to fail why would Trillium be different?

Some here hold animosity toward CE, but in the end we need them and they need us. I don’t see CNG being able to offset oil without a few companies like CE and Trillium. What I mean to say is that we need someone to be the CNG distribution point for our comunities, some corporation to put in and manage the stations and pumps in places like Colorado Springs and Estees park and Blyth and every other 100 miles on the interstate. I'd still love to have a pump at home but I also want to be able to drive to Aspen or Mammoth without having to think about a station being down that would set my trip back a few days. I believe that even in the worst situation that some bailout would come forward to save CE or whatever regional provider might get in trouble. Mabey I've had a bit to much of the CNG punch, I don't think so, but time will tell.

Chris
        there is no reason for 100 mile jumps as there is no reason that a cng car or truck can not go 500 miles except the powers that be want cng to fail as a motor fuel for the public ie big oil and there bed partners us goverment

Comment

Working...
        X