I wrecked my Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wrecked my Civic

Last night I was driving in a construction zone, the road was a mess and I hit a center divider going around 45. The airbags deployed and it felt like I was riding on a wooden roller coaster. I lost my oil, and it looked like the underside got torn up. The adjuster is going to look at it tomorrow, I think they will probably total it. The car didn't get any body damage, even the front bumper is intact. all the doors open and close, the hood popped up but could not get the latch to open.
    BLUE 09 GX

Re: I wrecked my Civic

Sorry to hear. Sounds like you're in the market for a new '09. Maybe you can pick one up for under MSRP now that the demand has fallen off.

Best of luck getting the adjuster to recognize the added value of the CNG system.

Comment

I've got a rental the insurance company is paying for now, well 20 of 24.95. I may buy a new GX, I am going to look at 2006+ used models, see what I find. I think for now I will get my van back on the road (It's non-op not insured now) It needs a smog check too.
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Bummer Johnny. I'm glad I got to see it at the Cruise-in. Did the electronic solenoid shut off the tank? Any hint of natural gas leak?

Comment

I did not smell any gas, but the smell and smoke from the airbags was overwhelming. I have no clue about the solenoid on the tank. How close are the fuel lines to the bottom of the car? Any thoughts if it is fixible? A friend said it is 3k just to replace the 2 airbags. It has 124k on it, any clue to retail value?
          BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. You say you lost your oil: it is possible you have severe enginge damage as well. It is possible the crank may have hit somethiing solid if your pan was smashed upward. Maybe not, just something to check.

My son was in a pretty bad wreck in mine about 3 years ago and they fixed it. It was about $8,000 damage at the time. He pulled in front of a full size truck that caught the right front bumber and spun him around. Ripped the rear axel out of the truck. My air bags did not deploy, even though one activation module was smashed...

No issue with the CNG, but I did insist they do a full fuel system inspection. So they towed it to an authorized CNG Honda Dealer to do that.

Comment

They totaled my car as I expected. They are offering me $5,718 plust tax, minus 500 deductable., which comes to $5,661. I still have to talk to a negotiater, I am going to try to get more. The last 2 Civics I saw recently for sale were a 98 for $7,000 and a 99 for $7,500 and both had around 70k miles. Mine had about 120k.
              BLUE 09 GX

Comment

hi jet boat just a thought for you check what the buy back is from the insurance co lots of good parts. change a non cng civic over ? cowboy

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. Good luck with the insurance and I hope you're back on the road passing gas soon.

Sincerly

Chris

Comment

Thanks for that. I will be back to passing gas soon, I am going to visit Curtis on Saturday.
                    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Maybe curtis can hook you up and you can trade it in. LOL! J/k that sucks.

Comment

I got my new GX on Saturday!

Thanks again Curtis for hooking me up with my beautiful car!
                        http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...ate=1229984592
                        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Congrats Johnny. Great car - I like the color too...

Comment

Nice Christmas present to yourself

Comment

Awesome enjoy the new car, and the new car smell. Too funny to see the snow on the ground in Lancaster
                              Mario
                              AAA CNG SYSTEMS
                              CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Working...
                              X