goverment compressers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goverment compressers

just sitting here planing a trip in the dodge van 300 mile range and cant get there with public stations now lets think about this all the goverment owned stations that we cant acess so I studyed if I could use the goverment ones I could get there no problem than I studyed about why cant I use them I own them me and you and every tax payer card readers are cheap now so why not install them for visa and master card on all goverment pumps and list them on the internet must be that would let cng be much more user friendly over night and big oil would lose out just pisses me off I own them and cant use them will drive the old chevy diesel ton truck costs more and smokes more but it rides good

Re: goverment compressers

Cowboy,
    I feel your pain. It's more than a major ordeal for me to get from Tucson, AZ to Asheville, NC. If people in TN would start compressing some of that well gas around Nashville, Knoxville and for sure Memphis, it would be an easy trip. Why don't you start rattling some cages down around your parts.

I'm working on the gaps in West Texas, New Mexico and Arizona myself.

Here's an idea, write a letter to Obama and remind him about the American Fuels Act of 2006 (S.2446), he was pushing to get government stations open to the public, except where there were security concerns. He and Richard Lugar (R-IN) were putting this bill together before he started running for office but I never heard anything more about it.

http://lugar.senate.gov/energy/legislation/109.cfm#2446
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-2446
    Last edited by cnghal; 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM. Reason: Added Links
    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is most government agencies are not geared to receiving credit card charges. A lot of government agencies do not allowed non unauthorized vehicles on there facilities. The card readers they installed, if any, is not able to accept credit cards. The cost of to convert a card reader, if applicable, is minimum of $3000.00. A new card reader is about $30,000 installed. The dispensers are probably not weights and messuers approved. Some can be upgraded at a minimum cost of $10,000.00. The last these agencies are not quick and agile. They are designed to be this way to protect the people they represent from miss use of public monies.

I started working for a municipality at 30. I find it very difficult to work in these restrictions even after 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
        There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is most government agencies are not geared to receiving credit card charges. A lot of government agencies do not allowed non unauthorized vehicles on there facilities. The card readers they installed, if any, is not able to accept credit cards. The cost of to convert a card reader, if applicable, is minimum of $3000.00. A new card reader is about $30,000 installed. The dispensers are probably not weights and messuers approved. Some can be upgraded at a minimum cost of $10,000.00. The last these agencies are not quick and agile. They are designed to be this way to protect the people they represent from miss use of public monies.

I started working for a municipality at 30. I find it very difficult to work in these restrictions even after 20 years.
        funny I got a nextel phone that can read a card and have the cash in my bank in less than 24 hours most of the time 2 to 3 hours and I payed 279 dollers for it and got a 100 doller rebate and it makes phone calls to a far cry from 30000 to protect the people I dont think so make it fool prufe and only a fool will use it the reason for the high price is the goverment is involved costs twice as much and get 1/2 as much done

Comment

{quotation of a previously posted personal attack removed by forum staff}
          restricted space just run a line and put a fueling post outside the restricted space with a card reader wont work for all but would work alot of places
          Last edited by John Mitton; 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

"funny I got a nextel phone that can read a card and have the cash in my bank in less than 24 hours most of the time 2 to 3 hours and I payed 279 dollers for it and got a 100 doller rebate and it makes phone calls to a far cry from 30000 to protect the people I dont think so make it fool prufe and only a fool will use it the reason for the high price is the goverment is involved costs twice as much and get 1/2 as much done"

Believe what you like. There is a real world out there with real obstacles to over come. Feel free to insult me I've been at this since 1994 and have helped get several cities to install public CNG stations. The advice I can give you is be squeaky wheel with the officials that over see these stations. When my department got new General Manager He thought we where the only city that sold CNG to the public. There are A LOT of public official that don't even know what CNG is let alone that there is public not just fleet vehicles that run on natural gas.

"restricted space just run a line and put a fueling post outside the restricted space with a card reader wont work for all but would work a lot of places"

One fine from the local department of Weights and Measures will wipe out months and years of operation capital and will shut down the station for every one for months. Curtis can verify this. Any one operating a public stations must be careful not to run afoul of a hole litany of alphabet soup organizations that get there funding through fines. A first time fine from the EPA is about $50,000.

These are not CAN'T DO statements, they are reality statements from someone who has been in the trenches and will be in the trenches for years to come.

PLEASE, PLEASE call your council person, County Supervisor and State Assembly person and start walking the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              {quotation of a previously posted personal attack removed by forum staff}
              restricted space just run a line and put a fueling post outside the restricted space with a card reader wont work for all but would work alot of places
              I did not mean to attack any one if some one took it thay way I am sorry I dont remember what it was we went to different schools and have different ideas on how to do things but I defenently did not try to insult ony one

Comment

sorry I did not intend to insult you just diagree that is what makes this site what it is a exchange of ideas and opinons cowboy

Comment

Relax Cowboy. It wasn't you making the attack , it was the post by another member, quoted in your reply. You are still on the CNGCHAT A team .

Comment

No problem cowboy my problem was with a deleted post. i'm sorry for the miss understanding. As far as your post was concerned, I was trying to point out how there nothing easy dealing with government agencies or installing CNG equipment. Believe it or not the major reason it is so hard to deal within government is the safeties that are built in because the public doesn't trust public officials.

Comment

In most of the cases that I have seen thoughout the country (except for secured military installations), it would take a business coop or contractor to take over operations or ownership for most municipalities to allow or accept public fueling.
                      Just remember, they are government, making money goes against everything they know. Any income would be a wash after paying the salaries of their new accounting division.
                      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Government, 101.

Governments purchase by low bid which includes fuel and equipment. When a government purchases fuel at low bid, it is typically priced lower than a retailer would purchase it, plus it is not taxed. If a government would sell this product to a consumer, it would be at a lower price than they could from a general retailer, effectively cutting them from business.

The Sherman anti-trust act prevents the government from competing directly with a private retailer, since the government entity was created from taxation provided by the retailer.

In the VERY few instances where a government facility sells to a consumer, the price differential is created at the pump, what the pump displays is NOT what the consumer is charged, leading to another issue, is this false advertising?

In other areas where the government sells to a consumer, there is no consumer retail equal, thus preventing the competing clause in the law. All in all, it is not that easy to sell to a consumer.

Franz

Comment

Working...
                        X