Stock play for the new administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock play for the new administration

Many people are speculating on what stocks will benefit from our Obama administration. Some are saying to short coal stocks, many are buying up solar stocks. With people buying them while they still can, my money is on this one ...
    Attached Files

Re: Stock play for the new administration

Holding stocks in this environment is crazy. My guess is that the crazy unchecked Democratic Congress will fall all over themselves handing out freebies- the only thing we will be able to count on from this Administration will be higher fuel prices, inflation, and loss of jobs- aka, stagflation.

I'd only recommend a short-term bidirectional trading approach with ETF's in this market.

Comment

Speak your mind

The president elect has a new website, and you can post your story there. I does require you to submit an e-mail addresss. I submitted a post for our cause, and submitted a pic of my car! OH yeah, you can apply for a job.
      http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourstory
      Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM.
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

There was once a hint of economic plans at:
        http://change.gov/agenda/economy/

Right now it says "this page not available", but it used to say:
        Jumpstart the Economy
        Enact a Windfall Profits Tax to Provide a $1,000 Emergency Energy Rebate to American Families: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will enact a windfall profits tax on excessive oil company profits to give American families an immediate $1,000 emergency energy rebate to help families pay rising bills. This relief would be a down payment on the Obama-Biden long-term plan to provide middle-class families with at least $1,000 per year in permanent tax relief.
        Apparently this did not sit well with some of the gurus, so it soon vanished.

Comment

The biggest thing Obama could do to jumpstart the economy, to say nothing of the stock market, would be to pledge NO TAX INCREASES from present levels. Everybody who has a few dollars is hoarding them for tax collectors knocking at their door.

Of course, whether anyone would believe such a pledge - that's another matter.

Comment

S&W nice pop on the chart I haven't check it. Self defense will do well in a falling economy. Buying anything and holding with out stop's is a bad idea, and you need to watch everything daily moving up your stops. The market is too volitile. Think Food Beverage stocks and daily basic needs... Cambels soup, kellog, alchohol, people drink cheap beer in bad times... Trading ETF's works, Ultra shorts work too.

Comment

Camryman,
              Thanks for the advice, I always appreciate your view of the market, but I do know what I'm doing. I'm a Charted Market Technician and I teach people how to be self directed investors for a living.
              This pick, while not really a good buy yet, is mostly my thoughts on how our pres elect is likely to handle our country. With NRA enrollments skyrocketing many will buy 'em while they can. Personally though, I never trade off of what I think, just what the chart tells me. And the charts are telling me to get ready to short with both hands.
              HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Comment

Do you work for meta stock?

Comment

Working...
                X