Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

gas prices won't stay down long"

actually, most the time that's true. however, this time I think it's different. oil will never trade even close to $100 a barrell unless there is a major world war. I would say $75 will be the high for quite a while.

I was planning on buying a dedicated cng (2008 or newer civic gx) vehicle about 6 months ago. however, I think now I will look more at bi-fuel (need to hedge myself). I could easily see cng station prices be equal to or higher than gas prices all across the county in 2015 and possibly beyond. there has been a HUGE PREMIUM on newer civic gx vehicles (and I thought it was based on the huge fuel savings from operating the vehicle). from what I have seen, the selling prices haven't dropped at all in the last 6 months. it doesn't make any sense to me as certainly the demand of cng vehicles has went down significantly. I think many consumers have decide (at least for now) that gas prices won't stay down for long. and that's keeping the cost of used cng vehicles up. however, I think after gas prices have been low for 6 months or a year, there will be far fewer people willing to pay a premium for used cng vehicles. I myself am going to wait it out a bit longer (even though I will forgo a $2500 state tax credit in my state.....utah). I am fairly convinced I will have to go out of state to get a good price on a used cng vehicle. it used to be that dealers in utah were cheaper than indivudual seller in selling used cng vehicles. however, I think that's going to flip (starting in 2015) at least temporarily...where individuals will be willing to give better deals than the deals.

Comment

Originally posted by wasatchm View Post
      gas prices won't stay down long"

actually, most the time that's true. however, this time I think it's different. oil will never trade even close to $100 a barrell unless there is a major world war. I would say $75 will be the high for quite a while.

I was planning on buying a dedicated cng (2008 or newer civic gx) vehicle about 6 months ago. however, I think now I will look more at bi-fuel (need to hedge myself). I could easily see cng station prices be equal to or higher than gas prices all across the county in 2015 and possibly beyond. there has been a HUGE PREMIUM on newer civic gx vehicles (and I thought it was based on the huge fuel savings from operating the vehicle). from what I have seen, the selling prices haven't dropped at all in the last 6 months. it doesn't make any sense to me as certainly the demand of cng vehicles has went down significantly. I think many consumers have decide (at least for now) that gas prices won't stay down for long. and that's keeping the cost of used cng vehicles up. however, I think after gas prices have been low for 6 months or a year, there will be far fewer people willing to pay a premium for used cng vehicles. I myself am going to wait it out a bit longer (even though I will forgo a $2500 state tax credit in my state.....utah). I am fairly convinced I will have to go out of state to get a good price on a used cng vehicle. it used to be that dealers in utah were cheaper than indivudual seller in selling used cng vehicles. however, I think that's going to flip (starting in 2015) at least temporarily...where individuals will be willing to give better deals than the deals.
      my thoughts are 2015 will be the year remembered for cheap oil in 2016 when oil trades at well over 100 dollars a bbl and everyone wishes for the good old days of 2015 when oil was less than 20 dollars a bbl. just my thoughts. bring your condoms as we are fixing to be intercoursed. just thank you elected officials for the fine job they are doing representing us

Comment

" however, this time I think it's different "

Oil and gas has always been boom or bust . Maybe it is different this time. I don't think I will live to see the end of these cycles. When a broker tells me those four words, the most dangerous words in investing " This time it's different " I laugh and hang up the phone.

Just the humble opinion of a seasoned investor - I've been seasoned and roasted by the wall street markets numerous times

Comment

Originally posted by NortherIllinoisChuck View Post
          I was I my way to fill up this morning in Rockford IL when I saw gas stations selling gasoline for $2.17 Cng is $2.19 in Rockford. I still filled up on principle, guess I'll have to make sure I head to the station north in Janesville WI where Cng is $1.99. I can't imaging gasoline going below $2 as they are to greedy. Anyhow still looking for an affordable unit to fill up at home. 18 gal a night at least. a lease program would be great.
          My wife called from Crawfordsville IN where she just filled up on her way home with our new truck. CNG was $2.24 and gas was $1.58.

Comment

Originally posted by alpacafarmer View Post
            My wife called from Crawfordsville IN where she just filled up on her way home with our new truck. CNG was $2.24 and gas was $1.58.
            did she like carls station clean rest room and good food nice people

Comment

$1.99 No sales tax, either! United Van Lines named Oregon as the top moving destination in their annual study.
              Attached Files

Comment

Except no 'self serve'. Apparently it's safe to pump your own gasoline everywhere else in the world, but not Oregon.
                02 GX
                01 GX
                03 Crown Vic
                06 GX
                Home Fueler

Comment

July 3, 2017 by Dave Flessner - A glut of oil supplies, and only modest summertime gains in consumption, have combined to keep oil and gas prices in check over the past month and during the July 4th holiday when prices usually increase.

Gas prices in the (Ohio) region are the lowest they have been for any summertime season since 2005 and, adjusted for inflation and the improved fuel economy of most vehices, are among the lowest in a half century.

Nationwide prices fell 2.7 cents per gallon last week to an average of $2.22 per gallon.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/b...ee-gas/436475/

Comment

Working...
                  X