Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

IMHO This low oil price blip will go back up as soon as the Chinese and S. American economies' strength return. It could happen very soon, but probably not until next year.

Best guess, the Arabs/Persians/Russians killed the golden goose- priced oil higher than the supply:demand curve could support and World demand tumbled, which also forced the market to drop prices. Low prices should bring demand back quickly, as soon as World economies get out of this fear mode..

Comment

The big problem here is my friends, the idiots in D.C. will put there ban on drilling here and now back up.There is already talk about banning the drilling in Utah for more natural gas and oil. This will put a damper on our quest for alt.fuel until the thugs start raising the price again. America needs to be energy independent period,we see this how come the idiots don't.

Comment

I'm with hal I don't see it going under 2.00 a gallon and soon gas prices will be rising again in early 2009. Camryman hurry up and install that FMQ36 and break it in. Oh yea almost forgot get ready to buy me that lunch your going to owe me
        Mario
        AAA CNG SYSTEMS
        CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Mario, I think your gonna owe me lunch. Unleaded $2.17 in Northridge today.
          We're going to see $1.98 in Los angeles real soon.
          $1.70 lowest price in the USA today. 47 cents cheaper than LA

Gasoline will stay low all this next year, Oil will go down to $45 a Barrel and might even go as low as $35. There is no way we will see $148 a barrel oil anytime soon,

When they investigate why oil went so high they will probably find a lot of foreign speculators manipulating the markets.

A while back someone tried to corner the silver market and failed. They bought up the supply and couldn't buy it all and then the price tumbled.

What if foreign interests did the same with oil and they didn't care weather they made or lost money, and just wanted to create turmoil in the economy.

http://gasbuddy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by camryman View Post
            Gasoline and Diesel fuel is going down and the price of oil has dropped in half of the summer high of $148 to now $70 a barrel.

I believe the price will contine to drop to a trading range of $60 to $80 a barrel over the next year. It may even drop to $50

Oil dropping will kill off consumer demand for alt fuels. Utah has a glut of CNG cars for sale, that were bought a auction for too much money and are now trying to be sold for too much money.

And since Gas is now down to $3 a gallon and Utah has a CNG pressure problem. CNG will be dead for a while in Utah and everywhere else until oil goes back to $150 a barrel.

CE is keeping CNG prices high by not reducing price at the pump. Most CE customers are government entities who basicly really don't care or look at the price.

Earning season is near and CE reports in Nov and will want to show increased revinue to look good on paper so they will keep the cng price 30% less than gas.

In LA CE is between $2.20 to $3 for CNG and a local city yard is now down to $1.79 a gge. Huge differance in price!!!

Bottom line the Oil Companies need to sell cheap fuel to keep us addicted to gasoline and to avoid alt fuel cometition from CNG, EV and H2.

The auto industry also needs cheap fuel to sell the glut of New cars in their inventory. The Auto industry is strapped for cash GM dropping from a high of $80 to a low of $4... The lack of current auto sales is killing the big giants. Some will fail, some will merge. Oil needs to stay cheap for GM and F to survive.

Oil will remain low because of the resession and impending depression, along with a decreased demand for oil world wide.
            We can still sell this program to America. It just takes more work. The masses will follow if lead correctly. The point is not the cost of oil, but where it Demonize the origin and viola the sheep will follow. Oh yeah. I also see that the cost is always a factor but I also know that the cost of something doesnt always dictate wether or not it sells or not. Lets bring the world into a new age and lead the way .

Comment

Holiday Oil in Kearns Utah corner of 54th south 56th west $1.99 a gallon where's Al Gore the world is coming to an end

Comment

Tonernob, Selling CNG to America, I love the idea, but It's going to have to come from the President as a nation wide commitment and federal mandate to support alt fuel.

I think the future of alt fuel will probably be with Hydrogen Fuel cell cars like the clarity, Basically a EV car with a hydrogen fuel cell. Plug in h2 fuel cell might be the answer. The Hydrogen hype and lobby is big. But it's always a switch and bate with big auto. Alt fuels we tried EV and CNg and they didn't work apparently says big auto then they said lets try hydrogen...

CNG to be used on a massive scale would need lots of infrastructure. Utah is having lots of infra structure problems with CNG. Too many cars not enough stations, and the ones they have besides the long lines have no pressure.

Not only do you have to sell the idea but the money needs to flow for the infrastructure, Not gonna happen with this economy unless there is a massive government push off of oil. There are also too many lobby's fighting alt fuel, Big auto big oil auto parts ect.

Comment

Funny thing has been happening. 6 months ago, everyone was asking about how to convert to CNG. Last few weeks, I have been seeing CNG car owners wanting to convert to gasoline! That is insane! I could not see my myself bolting a gasoline tank to a CNG Civic GX !

LPG is in the same hole. Where I live, LPG is $3.25 per gallon, gasoline is $1.85 per gallon. It makes no sense. CNG is not even available where I live.

Comment

My local fuels today: Gasoline 2.299 CNG 1.902 Propane 1.699
                    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Where is propane $1.69? I need some for my RV. Last time I paid $3.29...

Comment

It's at an independant gas station called "Alliance" on Florida Ave (hiway 74) in Hemet, just west of state street a few blocks. I drive by it almost every morning. I think you have to pay CA$H.
                        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Larry, For propane call around to the local distributors Suburban Delta or American ect and ask for the Auto fuel price and find out who is cheapest. You will even find that diffrent dealers under the same brand will have diffrent pricing. In Palmdale $2.50 for Propane at one dealer $3.25 right down the street at another dealer under the same brand.

Comment

The trip to Hemet is almost worth it. Propane in Yucca Valley 3.05 at the cheap dock, plus tax. Gasoline Saturday $2.35. Needless to say I'm not running on propane (in the F-250) for the near future unless I go through Hemet

propane has always been high in my area, but usually not more that Petrol

Larrycng

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Too far to go to Hemet for the few gallons I need. But, it sure sounds like it might be worth checking around...

Comment

If anyone is still interested about that station it's name changed, it's called "Spirit"
                                BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                                X