Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil dropping killing demand for alt fuels!!!!

Originally posted by rocketmanpete View Post
    silly people we are, I remember all to well the gas lines of the 70's both times. We still need oil, our prices are controlled by thugs and the sand people (pc term from star wars) it's called OPEC. 260 billion went to Dubia last year these people do nothing but sit on there FAT you know what. Check it out come on a indoor ski resort in the desert, they gave 50-K to the UN for world food relief.This is AMERICA we built the Empire State Building in 18 Months we can do anything just give us a chance. My friends Grandfather owns land out side of Salt Lake City, I've been to the mountain there's a capped well it's got oil but the peanut grower locked it up with his stupid policies. Yes we still need NGV's
    You mean "This is AMERICA. We built the Empire State Building in 18 months, and back then, we would have been able to do just about anything, but now we're hampered by the bureaucrats, and special interest groups.

Hell, half the country can't paint their houses a different color without first getting approval from some bureaucracy or another...

Comment

Oh don't get me started, HOA.......EPA........
      sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
      SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
      2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
      1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
      2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

AH! come on we could really get this somk'n. That's why I say we the people must close D.C. down TERM LIMITS NOW there all fired. Oh wait a minute maybe I should go live in Dubia, oh yea I don't have any more money!!!!!!

Comment

[/QUOTE] By Xmas 2009 oil will be back to ridiculous pricing,[QUOTE] I don't think so, More like $45 a barrel.

There is no money left on wall street to drive oil up to insane prices, and oil and fuel supplies are growing much larger due to decreased demand. The price will move down even after the election and stay down through next year.

Today here in LA I filled up my diesel for $3.15 and this was ten cents cheaper than gasoline selling at $3.25 at the same station. This is the first time I've seen Diesel cheaper than gasoline in a few years!!!!!

Oil is going down and will stay down due to decreased demand world wide.

The price of used CNG cars will also go down due to decreased demand, since gasoline will be cheap.

The banks will also be very strict on any lending. GM wants a 700 score to buy a new car today. Why because there is no money to loan and they can't afford anymore defaults. Now go and try to get a used car loan on a cng car priced a few thousand over book. Not gonna happen if you have less than 700 credit.

Prices will fall. Just look at cng cars on E bay.

If some of you think a barrel of oil is going back to $148 bucks and cng demand is going to sky rocket,,,,, Think again. In 2003 oil was below $45 trading $23 to $45 a barrel.

Home prices, are falling to below 2003 levels so will oil. $1.97 a gallon gasoline here we come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrenchmonkey View Post
            You mean "This is AMERICA. We built the Empire State Building in 18 months, and back then, we would have been able to do just about anything, but now we're hampered by the bureaucrats, and special interest groups.

Hell, half the country can't paint their houses a different color without first getting approval from some bureaucracy or another...
            Hey, don't leave the lawyers out of the blame-pool. They are the main reason you can't build a building in 18 months anymore.
            1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
            2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

And it doesn't help my optimism any when I go to Flying-J and 3 hoses of the only 2 pumps are out-of-order, and there is a 6 car NGV lineup on the last hose, so I go to Sinclair across the valley and can only get 1500-2000 psi, so I price out a home filling station for in the future for when I actually get my own NGV car and it is only $6k installed. Why is alt fuel so unattainable here even being UT? I'm starting to wish I lived in Italy or Argentina where they actually TRY to push alt fuels. It's like US has been fighting this lame attitude since the 70's and we're STILL stuck on gasoline for fuel today. This is why I wish gas prices would just stay high for at least a decade so we can move this thing along.
              Last edited by josch; 10-19-2008, 12:38 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Comment

This is a trying time,I feel bad for my dad, he had to lock in his heating oil back in June @ $4.85 a gallon.Hopefully they can adjust it.Then there's that guy in W.J. who spent bookoo buck's picking up 65 CNG car's and truck's.Wow that's gotta hurt, gonna be one hell of a good auction.As far as CNG goes I'll still use it gasoline would have to come down to $1.10 a gallon in Utah befor I give up,that ani't gonna happen in my life time.I can still drive 360 miles for $17.00 a week.Hey maybe next year our motor home vacation won't cost $368.75 to go 585 miles.The idea that CNG burn's cleaner is also a great selling point. No matter what happens those idiot's in D.C. better make sure we become energy independent. We can not stop the fight. $700 billion going to American hater's. Just think what 700 billion could do for America. Yes I am one of those bitter American's clinging to my guns and religion. It's high time we become Americans again and not hyphenated American's. Thank you!

Comment

I wish I could be as optimistic about oil prices as Camryman, and I agree with Rocketmanpete that oil independence is our only salvation over the long haul. OPEC is perfectly happy to keep oil at $60-$80 a bbl, but this temporary lull will pass. I warned of $3 a gallon, even $4 a gallon gas a year before it came to pass. With the future of oil growing more tenuous each year, peak production having passed, and increased world demand, the hayday of cheap oil is gone forever.

What concerns me the most is our grandchildren. Argue the validity of global warming, but the sea's are rising non the less. The next century isn't shaping up to be a pleasant one for those who will live it. We need to redirect ourselves to a sustainable future as quickly as it can be done. Cronyism and special interests are killing the US. Hopefully we will continue the fight for oil independence, in spite of the dip sticks in Washington... present, and future.

CNG is here to stay. Cheaper oil will slow the development of alt fuels, as it has in the past, but hopefully we can remember the pain at the pump long enough to set us on a better path. Alt fuels has never had a better launch pad, nor had more public interest/awareness. Legislation will continue to drive the fleets away from oil, fund R&D, and grow the industry. Then there is Mr Pickens, driving us to a greener future to line his own pocket... But he is the loudest voice out there and that's a good thing.

We are still the one's who spread the word, enlighten the world and prepare for the next oil crisis, and when it hits (not "if" it hits) we'll still be the ones laughing all the way past the pump.

Comment

Dubai Brings Bioshock to Life With $1.5bn 'Atlantis' [PICS]

aol.com.au — Okay so it isn't completely under water but seeing some of these photos you can't help but get the vibe of the underwater city Rapture. This is Dubai's Atlantis resort on The Palm Jumeirah islands. At a cost of US$1.5 billion, it's yet another project that the Dubai government is spending it's oil wealth on. Room rates start at USD$450 and climbs.

And they spend,spend,spend..... And we pay,pay,pay... Ya gotta check these people out there nut's and it's our money.. Maybe the idiots in D.C. are free guest's

Comment

Oil will go back up sometime in the future for sure, but it all goes back to supply and demand.

If Opec wants to kill the world economy they can do it easily right now by cutting the supply off. The Oil price will rise!!!

Since we're drilling here in the USA we now serious compition for opec. We may not have the supply tapped or have an abundance, but it's a threat to opec. Ethanol EV H2 and CNG is also a threat to opec.

The USA is one of the worlds largest oil consumers, If we get off oil and on ethanol CNG LNG H2 and or EV cars over the next 10 years and with increaseses in MPG, demand for oil will drop there by increasing oil supply..... keeping oil prices low.

Opec needs the USA addicted to oil right now so they will not tighten up supply. They will keep oil cheap in an effort to keep all alt fuel vehicles off the market as long as they can. Opec is a large lobbying power house!!!!

The Government knows they will loose tax revinue on EV cars and any increases in a car's MPG will also reduce tax revinue. The government does not like EV cars due to loosing tax dollars. Our government is broke in more ways than one. Tax revinue is needed right now to pay for everything.

The Auto mfg answer to alt fueled vehicles is Diesel.

The 50 to 60 MPG super clean diesels are comming to market soon, along with the super Prius. Opec sees CNG H2 and EV as a big threat to oil revinue. Thats why you'll see all the auto MFG's bringing out the diesels.

Diesels will Keep everyone happy Opec, Government (tax revinue), auto dealers /mechanics/ part companies and the end consumer getting higher MPG (even though diesel costs more than cng... consumers will think they are getting a better deal with the increased MPG).

Even the go green crowd will like the new diesels. They have really low emmissions with high MPG and they will probabley convert them to run on used Veggie oil smelling like french fries driving down the road.

Rent Who killed the electric car. Big oil and GM killed the EV car with AQMD's blessing.

When the price of oil was $148 a barrel and consumers were screaming for alt fuel vehicles. EV and CNG intrest was at a peak. Now with gas prices falling interest is falling too.

War isn't fought on the battle field anymore it's done by killing a country's economy. We did it to Russia and brought down the Berlin wall, now the Middle east could do it to us easily by drying up the oil supply, but we could do it to them by switching fuels and taking revinue away from the middle east. We send them over 400 billion a year.

Do you think the middle east had something to do with the crazy stock market fluculation and a dramatic rise in oil. They have access to Billions of $$$$'s for trading in the markets.

We could really get America out of this financal trouble by keeping our 400 Billion plus of oil money at home!!!!! 400 billion spent at home would have a big impact.

The big offensive by Russia a few Months ago was to gain control of a critical pipeline to insure mother Russia of their cut of CNG $$$ in Europe. Russia has recovered from the 80's and now is a serious super power to watch out for in the future!!! Russia is bringing in serious $$$$ in natural resources and they have a lot of military hard liners left in power to be warry of.

Opec could bring the world to a stand still by cutting off oil, but they won't because it will kill off gasoline sales here in the USA.

If we converted to EV CNG and H2 overnight here in America, Opec knows that will be the end of oil consumption here in America.

America would then be an exporter of oil to the rest of the world and an exporter of ev cng and H2 cars and equipment. This would be massive compition to Opec.

This would get America back on it's feet as a world leader and producer of goods and bring in massive amounts of revinue on world wide sales of oil and alt fuel vehicles and technology.

Comment

Originally posted by josch View Post
                        And it doesn't help my optimism any when I go to Flying-J and 3 hoses of the only 2 pumps are out-of-order, and there is a 6 car NGV lineup on the last hose, so I go to Sinclair across the valley and can only get 1500-2000 psi, so I price out a home filling station for in the future for when I actually get my own NGV car and it is only $6k installed.
                        This is exactly the reason we NEED a slowdown in the CNG craze. In spite of my name, I believe crazy is not the way to go through any change, if it is to have long-lasting success. The Utah example shows that when you have two things that are co-dependent (CNG Cars, and CNG Stations), they have to develop gradually together. When one drastically out paces the other, as the cars did in Utah, it will only hurt the end result. The oil prices are swinging down right now, which is good, and will give a bit more time to let things balance out, and we'll be in a stronger spot when the pendulum starts going the other direction.
                        1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
                        2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

It is still nice being the only one on my block with a NGV. It has been about 2 months now and I have not seen a single vehicle fueling at my local station. I would really like to see CNG expand enough to get a fueling infrastruture going. It would be nice to be able to go on a road trip across the country in my car. I just cant see ever buying a gasoline powered car in my future. I still have my Astrovan and will keep it to go to the river, it does ok, I get 20mpg towing my double jetski trailer, and can go over 500 miles on a tank.
                          BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Jetboat, You need to get into a cng diesel truck to pull you toys to the river!!!

Comment

Opec is cutting production, if it's less than 2mill barrels a day the price will stabilize and stay in the 60 to 80 range. If they cut more it will go up.

Comment

I may look into a propane conversion for my van, propane is cheaper than CNG here at 1.79.
                                BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                                X