Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genius Tour - Pelosi Book

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/d...ew=isbn_events

For a rare opportunity to meet and greet your US Senator .

Re: Genius Tour - Pelosi Book

If you do, please tell her to get back to Congress and do her job for a change. Open up all energy resources!!!

Comment

OH! That makes so much sense now. Of course she couldn't allow a debate on one of the most important topics today. That might have cut into her book tour! Heaven forbid she should actually work in the interests of the people she "represents". There's money to be made!!!

Comment

Are you kidding me?? First of all she's not "my US Senator". Nancy Pelosi is a Senator voted in by the most liberal district in the nation. She is beholden to a fringe group of kooks that are determined to destroy this nation. Thank goodness most Americans are on to her. Her approval rating is eight percent and her book is somewhere around 1500 on Amazons best seller list. The silver lining to Nancy Pelosi is that shes helping millions of Amercians realize what extream liberalism will do and is doing to this great country.

Sorry for going off, you pushed my hot buttion. Hava a good time at the book tour!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeezers
          a fringe group of kooks
          Originally posted by badaceds650 View Post
          either way she a nut
          Tell me, do you honestly believe that people who support a liberal agenda are "kooks" and "nuts"? Using the political make up of Congress, that means to accuse about 50% of the country.

In the last decade conservative elements of the media and political arena have made it fashionable to demonize their opponents, particularly through innuendo and insults (it makes for excellent ratings), however this hasn't helped us to build consensus or solve our problems. Perhaps it is time to realize this?

But, maybe, you're not interested in solving problems through cooperation and consensus?

Think about it.
          Robert '07 GX

Comment

Originally posted by badaceds650 View Post
            NO I didn't say everybody supporting a liberal agenda is a nut I said pelosi a nut
            Fair enough
            Robert '07 GX

Comment

Originally posted by mecklen View Post
              Tell me, do you honestly believe that people who support a liberal agenda are "kooks" and "nuts"? Using the political make up of Congress, that means to accuse about 50% of the country.
              Actually, I'd be willing to bet it's more like 90% of the nation are completely out of their mind, regardless of their political agenda. The numbers look better than that because of low voter turnout. ;-)

The simple fact is that the lines that USED to dilineate the two parties in this nation do not exist anymore. There is no difference between democrats and republicans. Instead the difference is between liberals and conservatives. Politics is split along morals, and not governing practices. There are a lot of conservatives in office, but I can think of no true republicans. There are no true democrats in office, just liberals. The fact is, a maojority of currently elected officials do not believe in the ideals as originally set forth by either party. They all believe in big government, because it is in their best interest to do so.
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

You know, I can agree with pretty much everything you said! And the way you said it!
                Robert '07 GX

Comment

Oh.. well, in that case, i guess i should elaborate... My point is that since all politicians are trying to legislate their morals on the population, instead of maintain the constitution and government, that they are, in fact, 'kooks' and 'nuts'. Therefore, the people who support them are also 'kooks' and 'nuts'.

Throughout history, the average lifetime of a democracy is about 250-300 years... i can forsee we are reaching the 'golden years'...
                  1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
                  2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Me too, well stated Fuzz!

Comment

House Speaker Pelosi calls Bush ‘a total failure’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25727089
                      I know this is old news, but had to post it anyway
                      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                      X