• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Phill’ order books to open soon.

BRC FuelMaker Integration Nears Twelve Month Milestone

April 19, 2010 | Cherasco, Italy
    IMPCO is now accepting orders for BRC FuelMaker VRAs in North America

‘Phill’ order books to open soon.

Almost one year after the assets of Canadian based FuelMaker Corporation were bought by Italian company MTM/BRC, the revitalised company says it’s ready to supply CNG (compressed natural gas) refueling product of any size. BRC’s line of large compressors have been incorporated under the new brand of BRC FuelMaker, which will be responsible for the manufacturing, marketing sales and service for all natural gas refueling systems. Mario Pirraglia, Director of Sales & Marketing, says inclusion of large compressors makes it the only manufacturer in the world offering a complete line of CNG refueling solutions capable of refueling from a single vehicle to thousands.
    Read more

Re: ‘Phill’ order books to open soon.

All of the BRC Fuel Maker products are now available. Phill, Q2, Q8

Comment

Available for order, or available for delivery? What is the new pricing structure? Is it different than the old company pricing? What about the network for installers and installation prices. The prices being quoted by the prior organizations certainly gave a black eye to the company. I saw quotes that were more than the unit, but most were much higher than a standard contractors rate.

Comment

Order time is up to 14 weeks. BRC FM's goal is to stock units in CA. Worldwide distribution may cause that to be into the future. When??? Price went up less than $100. I can't comment on what the installers did. There are only dealers now. No installer network. I could imagine that if an installer had to extend the electric and gas line then one would be contracting for electric, and/or gas at contractor rates. I was around and read the posts on some of the nightmarish proposals. Hopefully all those "installers" are gone.

Lets not get negative, it is a new manufacturer and organization. They got the Phill back into production in a year. Quite a feat for moving a factory internationally.

Comment

Great news! We'll remain optimistic and look forward to a new and brighter future with BRC. Now if they'll figure out how to make the Phill field serviceable they'll have a home run. Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming as you get news.

Comment

The Italians have a track record for paying attention to detail and quality. Hoping it carries forward with the Phill and VRAs.

As dealer and service company I also hope for more feild servicability.

Comment

I am attaching some of the information available from BRC Fuelmaker's site. Click on the Phill thumbnail to open the PDF the parts/price list.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Curtis; 06-23-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

It is good news that Phill units are going to be sold soon and there is a refurbishment program for out of warranty units.

My Phill is currently broken for the 2nd time, first bad fan (fixed), now it just runs for a while and never builds up pressure (no leaks, no pressure rise error at 4000 hours).

It is my opinion that the warranties for both new and refurbished units are too short. The Phill is a expensive and unreliable device with very few field serviceable components. The warranties should be doubled, that is the only way for BRC/IMPCO to prove that they have re-engineered the Phill to be a real household appliance like a water heater that just works, without $1000+ off-site repairs and $100s more in de-install/re-install costs. I didn't see warranty details for new units but for BRC/IMPCO to regain the trust of early adopters and the CNG community as a whole they need to prove that they have a good, reliable, product:
                New, 2 years or 2000 hours and for refurbed units 1 year or 1000 hours.

I will probably not be getting my unit fixed anytime soon even though it is a $2500 piece of "wall art" at the moment. This is due to the token warranties currently offered and any failure (a fan?!) requiring the device to be shipped overseas for repairs.

Talk to any current Phill owner that has had a issue (in or out of warranty) with their Phill and I bet they would not recommend this product to any potential new customers, I sure would not. BRC/IMPCO how about a good-faith program for owners with malfunctioning units to get a discount on the refurb program, maybe limited to a 6 month program starting now/soon? Step up and show customers burned by a "beta" product that the Phill is here to stay and now has a real company to stand behind it.
                -------------
                moore101
                2000 Toyota Camry CNG
                FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Working...
                X