This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA Proposes Streamlining Rules for Aftermarket Conversion Systems

"On Wednesday, the U.S. EPA issued a long-awaited, proposed rulemaking for aftermarket conversion systems. The proposal responds to calls by NGVAmerica, state governments, and Congress that EPA provide greater flexibility and reduce the cost of certification for aftermarket conversions systems. The most significant aspect of the rule is that it provides a new alternative route for approving conversion systems that are intended for use on older in-use vehicle or engines. This new approval process would be an alternative to the current certification process."

"EPA believes that the new rules could cut the cost of certification by more than $100,000 in the case of systems certified under the new approval process for intermediate age vehicles. The savings projected for newer vehicles, i.e., less than 2 years old, that must still under certification are less significant at about $30,000, according to EPA. The savings for vehicles that are beyond their useful life are less than clear because many of these vehicles likely will be certified under the procedures for intermediate age vehicles."

To view a copy of the EPA Proposal, click here: http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/fuels/altfuels/cafve-conversions-nprm.pdf.

Re: EPA Proposes Streamlining Rules for Aftermarket Conversion Systems

I am glad that the EPA is finally beginning to clarify their regulations. These changes are the same ones they proposed last year here in Utah. As time goes on and if the price of gasoline goes up again these changes will help many to convert to CNG, I am looking forward to that time, Jim
    Jim Younkin
    www.younkincng.com

Comment

Re: EPA Proposes Streamlining Rules for Aftermarket Conversion Systems

Hey Curt, I beat you to the punch with another thread over in the Conversions forum
      Let's follow the discussion over there:
      http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....el-Conversions

Comment

Working...
      X