This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today: Chevrolet and GMC trucks could soon run on LPG, CNG

Look for full-size General Motors pickups -- Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra -- to be powered by propane (LPG) or compressed natural gas (CNG) as soon as 2012, says Jeffrey Luke, chief engineer for GM's full-size trucks worldwide, in a conversation with USA TODAY at the Detroit auto show.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...n-on-lpg-cng/1

Re: USA Today: Chevrolet and GMC trucks could soon run on LPG, CNG

Darn, I might even look at Chevy in a couple of years if they go to Lp. At least someone thinks LP would be good in vehicles

Larrycng

Comment

At 72 years old I don't have many more years!

Comment

It is about time GM heard the call or saw the light (again) for LPG or CNG trucks!
        But likely California will be locked out of it as CARB will throw a hissy fit and throw up their typical burocratic roadblocks.
        Maybe a few years later they can be convinced it is "OK"...
        '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
        '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
        FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Im glad GM is looking forward with normally-sized vehicles for the masses. Im not so sure Im interested in a Government Motors vehicle however. GM had its share of quality problems before Obama's unions stole the company from the shareholders.

Comment

Now if they're going to offer CNG-powered trucks there should be this option for the Silverado Hybrid. Would also be a good idea to offer it for the Tahoe/Suburban.

Comment

Might even be a good enough reason to buy something from Government/Union Motors

Comment

Wow this is an awesome news.. I mean I can't believe GMC, a known gas gussler will be run on alternative fuel. I just hope this will not affect the offroad quality of this truck and the GMC truck parts on it will remain the same except for the conversion of course..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeru View Post
                  Wow this is an awesome news.. I mean I can't believe GMC, a known gas gussler will be run on alternative fuel. I just hope this will not affect the offroad quality of this truck and the GMC truck parts on it will remain the same except for the conversion of course..
                  And in addition.. I hope other car/truck companies follow this move. I mean its about time they do this.

Comment

Check the fine print on GM - this only applies to their vans for now.

Pickup trucks........ maybe down the road someday.
                    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Working...
                    X