X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal NGV tax credit

May double . http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a5ZAIAJiYUow

Re: Federal NGV tax credit

I was ready to buy a new Civic GX, but now it looks like I should wait to see if this legislation passes, and if will increase the federal tax credit.

Comment

We all need to write our Senators to push this legislation. The Civic GX would qualify for 80% of the $12,500 incremental cots cap, or $10,000

There is some great detailed info on both the House and Senate versions here:
      http://www.ngvamerica.org/gov_policy..._congress.html

especially S. 1408; NAT GAS Act; fact sheet

Comment

John,

Good morning. The new bill would cover 80% of the incremental cost up of the Civic GX over it's base model LX which is $6,930. So 80% of $6,930 is $5,544. This is $1,544 more than the current program, which is 38% more money and that's great but it's not the $10,000 that you mention in your post.

Is the potential of $1,544 additional dollars enough to "wait" on purchasing A GX? That's a question each shopper has to decide for themselves.

Thank you.

Eric

Comment

Joeflyer , the only reason I can think of for waiting is to see if the federal laws allowing the states to keep us in the carpool lanes with one occupant is extended. As of now, ALL cng and hybrids get kicked out later this year.

Now on the car . The dealers are discounting deep , the car and most of it's parts are made in the USA . THAT IS the best reason to buy now.

P.S. My 08 GX has 28,000 miles & ZERO PROBLEMS !!!!!!
          Last edited by Lakewood90712; 07-14-2009, 08:50 PM. Reason: added ps.

Comment

There are some interesting points in the bill. Including conversions to bi-fuel being included.

I am wondering how the "incremental cost" is calculated. In my experience, you can buy most new cars for significantly less than sticker price. But, that does not seem true of the GX. So, could you get a dealer quote for an LX then purchase the GX and use the LX quote to calculate the "incremental cost?"

Comment

Originally posted by Larryect View Post
              There are some interesting points in the bill. Including conversions to bi-fuel being included.

I am wondering how the "incremental cost" is calculated. In my experience, you can buy most new cars for significantly less than sticker price. But, that does not seem true of the GX. So, could you get a dealer quote for an LX then purchase the GX and use the LX quote to calculate the "incremental cost?"

The incremental cost for the CNG sub-system is listed on the GX window sticker. I agree that the true incremental cost is high because of the discounts available to LXs and the rare discounts allowed on the GXs, but somehow, I don't think the bureaucrats are going to buy it.

Comment

Working...
              X