X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylish CNG-Powered American Roadster Moving from Concept to Production

Hey! Finally, another NGV alternative in the USA,... from Bend, OR:

Three wheel roadster + hydraulic home refueler

"Eco-Fueler Corporation has developed a unique vehicle and a unique type of hydraulic compressor to fuel it. The American Roadster is a three-wheel vehicle defined by the Highway and Transportation Board as a "Trike", which is included in the definition of a "Motorcycle". Developing 100hp from its in-line 3 cylinder engine, the Roadster can reach a top speed of 120mph with a 450 mile range. It can transport a total of three passengers and operates on compressed natural gas (CNG)."

More at
    http://www.ngvglobal.com/en/technolo...ion-02528.html

Only $19,900. For $100 you can reserve your 2010 model (but I didn't see any info on when your can expect delivery)...see
    http://eco-fueler.com/buy/reserve_a_roadster.html
    White '09 GX

Re: Stylish CNG-Powered American Roadster Moving from Concept to Production

I would rather get on the waiting list for their VRA before the trike. Joe

Comment

An existing thread on the product(s) http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....oadster&page=2

Comment

Stylish is in the eye of the beholder, but I'd really would like to get me one of those compressors.

Comment

I don't think "Developed" is correct. I think all they have is a mock-up, not even a prototype yet.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

I dont think a vw motor is a good choice as I have had problems with valves sticking in air cooled motors and it sure looks like one to me and can they get the motor past epa did they put stelite valves in it? looks like something built in the 70s we called them dune buggys just put any body on a vw or forks and you had a trike they must have cross bred the two think I will pass on buying one for now I hope they get up and running but I think it is much more likly the will go under with a lot of investers cash they should work on there compresser as there is a wide open market for it if it aint just a mock up to

Comment

It's NOT a 'car.' It's a motorcycle with a shell around it to make it look like a car.

The CNG compressor market may be 'wide open' but it's not very big.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

The article says they are looking for an engine.

I see that Westport Industries is making a forklift engine in cooperation with Hyundai. I wonder whether that engine might have some niche applications like this one...

Comment

Originally posted by tomdotstar View Post
                  The article says they are looking for an engine.

I see that Westport Industries is making a forklift engine in cooperation with Hyundai. I wonder whether that engine might have some niche applications like this one...
                  Could be. Santa Monica has Hyundai 3 wheel meter maid vehicles fueled by cng , as seen at the Santa Monica cng station.

Comment

I see a vw engine in photos but they are looking to buy someone elses engine or develop there own sounds like a long time before they are rolling off the line how long will it take for them to get through safety and epa and I am sure I am missing some other goverment offices once they decide what they are going to build dirve train lights brakes and who knows what else one can have there chain jerked for but Iam sure we will find out

Comment

I saw this add over a year ago and haven't heard much. If you were to use a VW Engine it would be hard to preheat the fuel. I did see one of these driving in Springville Utah last summer, I think it is ugly.....
                      Last edited by cnghal; 06-12-2009, 11:42 PM. Reason: Removed Signature: Poaching
                      Jim Younkin
                      www.younkincng.com

Comment

Pre heat the fuel? why would you pre-heat CNG? ohhhhh, are you talking about the heater hose for the high pressure regulator?

Comment

Working...
                        X