7.6 Liter Emission Solutions 2010 EPA and CARB Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.6 Liter Emission Solutions 2010 EPA and CARB Certification

Congrats to ESI for this much-needed heavy-duty natural gas engine!
    http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...5030789&EDATE=

Re: 7.6 Liter Emission Solutions 2010 EPA and CARB Certification

With the demise of the GM 8L, this is welcome news for the natural gas industry.

afvman

Comment

I was going to buy 2 of these motors about a year ago and put one in my white and the other in my roll back and the folks down there acted like they did not want to sell any motors so I gave up and would not deal with them because of there indeferance to the little guy and I had all ready been to the bank and had the loan for 50000 to buy the motors and do the change over as I would get pay back very quickly with free fuel thanks but no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
        Congrats to ESI for this much-needed heavy-duty natural gas engine!
        http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...5030789&EDATE=
        John, This is good news. Any idea what kind of vehicles are already powered by the gas version of this engine? I have 28 vehicles that are to be replaced over the next 4 years which we had hoped to use the GM 8.1 platform to convert and am hoping this is a viable alternative.

Comment

it is built out of a 466 int truck motor is what they told me last year so it can be bolted to anything from a 4 spd to a18 spd as int has put the 466 in everything from 1 1/2 ton trucks to concret mixers to local truck tractors

Comment

Right, it is a drop-in replacement for the International 466. I think AFV Fleet Services installs these in your area, MBTransit

Comment

Working...
            X