Exterran Natural Gas Stations Acquired By Clean Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterran Natural Gas Stations Acquired By Clean Energy

Exterran Natural Gas Stations Acquired By Clean Energy Source: NGV Global Friday, 08 May 2009 00:00 USA, Seal Beach, CA

Clean Energy Fuels Corp. has entered into an agreement to acquire the natural gas fueling station business of Exterran Holdings, Inc. The acquisition agreement, for about USD 5.9 million, includes natural gas station operations and maintenance contracts covering approximately 25 million GGEs (gasoline gallon equivalents) of natural gas fuel on an annual basis for four transit operators (eight fueling facilities). Transit agencies served include Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA) in Los Angeles CA, which operates the largest clean air bus fleet in the United States; Montgomery County Transit MD; Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) in Washington D.C.; and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (“MBTA”) in Boston MA. “This strategic acquisition expands our participation in the transit industry nationwide,” said Andrew J. Littlefair, Clean Energy president and CEO, noting that more than 20% of the nation’s transit buses run on natural gas fuel. (Press Release)

First Honda Civic GX NGV Rolls off Indiana Line

First Honda Civic GX NGV Rolls off Indiana Line Source: NGV Global Friday, 15 May 2009 03:35 USA, Greensburg, IN
    Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC today began production of the environmentally responsible, natural gas-powered Civic GX, at its plant in Greensburg, Indiana, with the first vehicle being driven off the line at a special ceremony. The GX is certified by USA's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an Inherently Low Emissions Vehicle (ILEV) -- 90% cleaner than the average gasoline-powered car on the road today. It is powered by a 113-hp, 1.8-Liter, 16-valve, SOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine built at Honda's engine plant in Anna, Ohio, and it is designed with a higher compression ratio to maximize performance from natural gas fuel. It has an average range of more than 220 miles, and has outstanding fuel economy at 24 mpg (city) and 36 mpg (highway).
    Read more...

Comment

Re: Exterran Natural Gas Stations Acquired By Clean Energy

curtis I do not consider 24 mpgcity and 36 hwy to be outstanding fuel economy as many cars have done this since the 80s a small car like the hondas should be doing better than that I still have a ford fiesta that gets35sh in town and 52 on the hwy at 80mph and it has a carb no fuel inj with todays tec we should be getting 100 mpg we should be doing better I wonder what the fiesta would do on cng might have to try converting it lol

Comment

Out of curiosity, anyone know what's the percentage of US components in the new GX? My old 2004 was more than 50% US.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdotstar View Post
          Out of curiosity, anyone know what's the percentage of US components in the new GX? My old 2004 was more than 50% US.
          My '08 window sticker says 70% US made.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            curtis I do not consider 24 mpgcity and 36 hwy to be outstanding fuel economy as many cars have done this
            Dito, cowboy...I would view this mileage as only good.

What is critical is the cost of the fuel...

Comment

It was listed as 30/40 until the new EPA economy formula came out. As many owners can tell you, over 40mpg is easily accomplished in the car during fwy cruising.

As seemingly off topic as this is heading. My father too had a Fiesta. It was a terrible car with a terrible reputation for reliability and safety... unlike the Honda. Build that car today to be a 5 star crash rated vehicle and use todays tech and it would not get the mileage it now does, case in point; the Civic VX, average 51mpg hwy, built in and around 1990.

Todays cars are bigger, heavier, safer, a lot nicer to drive, with more standard features than the Fiesta... which does make an excellent boat anchor.

PS My dad just gave his Fiesta away after the engine blew up for the 3rd time in 134k.

Comment

curtis tell dad he has to pull the dip stick and check just joking fiestas you eather love them or hate them I bought mine out of the junk yard for a hundrud dollors for my girl friend shes gone car still here damm good deal I dont know how many miles are on it but I am sure it is a lot and it aint here it is down in sunny fla for when I fly down so I dont have to rent a car I just take a d tag with me and drive and if it dies I will take my tag and call the junk yard LOL

Comment

Excellent points, indeed, Curtis...

Comment

Working...
                  X