CNG Mobility Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Mobility Vehicle

Here's an interesting new type of CNG vehicle for North America (production's supposed to start in 2010)...

http://www.standardtaxi.com/news-events/
    White '09 GX

Re: CNG Mobility Vehicle

Originally posted by http://www.standardtaxi.com/green/
    VPG has a strategic partnership with Clean Energy to capitalize on its extensive experience with CNG and its fueling infrastructure.
    Why-O-why does corporate literature feel compelled to use phrases like "strategic partnership"? Why? Haven't we suffered enough?

All words like these do is make people nod their heads politely in agreement as if there was some profound unveiling of information when in reality it conveys nothing. Seriously, think about it. A "strategic partnership" to do what exactly? Does it mean they are going to rent a clown to hand out balloon shaped animals?

Linguistically I cannot decide which is more annoying, the word "strategic" or the word "leverage" ...

Does "leverage our strategic partnerships" cancel each other out?

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html
    Last edited by jblue; 05-06-2009, 05:49 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Overall, it's good to see a Alternative Fuel (ie dedicated cng) vehicle for this small specialty niche. However, I'm with JBlue that these PR blurbs don't really tell anything . . . will CE even be building any new cng pump locations?? If so, where?? When?? Highly unlikely that CE actually will be involved in small niche like this, unless it was coupled with large taxi fleet that had actual high volumes of daily cng needs.

As for the car, it's better than the "Standard Taxi" that CE claimed it was investing in . . . man it was UUGGGLLY!! This handicap taxi is better looking but still has the GM redneck fender wells that are square and 15 inches above the top of tire!!! Are you kidding me, do handicap taxi's need the ability to put on 22's ??? . . . maybe even 24's would fit in there!!??!!%%##??!! Also, with this handicap taxi being associated with Hummer production line, what will engine be . . . maybe 6.0 liter, or will they go for 8.3 liter . . . ARRGGHH!! Front-wheel drive ?? Rear-wheel drive ?? Estimated mpg?? My guess is these will be $40,000+ beasts at around 6,000 lbs with CE digging the government for big subsidies to pay for vehicles, AND CE begging for subsidy of pump infrastructure.

As for my vote on the next taxi, I say it's the Opel Zafira from Europe - - -coincidently a joint operation between Opel and GM - - - yet latest press talks about GM selling out their Eurpoean Opel operations. Thus, the Opel Zafira likely will migrate over to the USA . . . . everything I read says the Zafira is a premier cng vehicle from design of tank placement, efficiency, etc. Until I see a legitimate press release from GM where they offer a OEM cng vehicle (say a bi-fuel and dedicated cng Malibu) in substantial numbers (ie over 1,000 a year at minimum), I say GM is just tip toeing around the edges of Alt Fuel. Go Zafira!!

Comment

I just found the Opel Zafira at
        http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/8...008-11-15.html

No argument on it being better looking... I like it!

Maybe the aging babyboomers will create a competitive market which results in improved costs/engineering/design features of NGVs for the mobility impaired. Better yet, none of us "cngchatters" will need this at all!
        White '09 GX

Comment

This is too much different from the more usual european mobility vehicles, that are usually FWD due to the ease for lowering the interior floor, allowing the use of lighter and shorter ramps that are easier to fit than a single-arm lift.

Comment

Working...
          X