Is Honda Dropping The GX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Honda Dropping The GX?

If you go to the Honda website and try to build your own GX, you are taken to a blank screen. After what Honda has apparently done with Fuel Master, I wonder what their intentions really are?

Re: Is Honda Dropping The GX?

The GX site looks OK to me...

Comment

One thing is interesting...they are still advertising the Phill.
      Jared.
      Mountain Green, Utah
      2003 CNG Cavalier
      2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I keep wondering if Honda is going to start making Phill themselves? That would be interesting.
        John

Comment

Why would Honda want to make the Phill? The unit was overpriced, hard to install, and not cost effective in most markets.

There's a reason why the plug-in hybrids plug into any wall socket.

Why not integrate the compressor into the vehicle, the vehicle could then connect to any low pressure feed and fill itself.

Comment

The problem with integrate the compressor into the GX is powering it. You end up plugging it in just like a EV.

Honda could likely build Phill for much less than Fuelmaker did.

Just my two cents worth.
            John

Comment

Mother Honda sent out a memo to it's dealers today regarding Fuelmaker. I have seen a copy of the memo. In the memo, Honda restates their commitment to the GX and to working with an unidentified entity to pick up the pieces from fuelmaker. The vision is for Fuelmaker to rise from the ashes like a phoenix, leaner and meaner. Of course they also claim to own a minority share of fuelmaker and I've read multiple sources...that claim that Fuelmaker was a wholly owned subsidiary.

What other options are out there for fueling appliances?

Comment

I started a conversation with a guy last May at the St George station. He mentioned his son was working w/ a couple guys developing their own. Wish I would have gotten contact info to follow up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                  The problem with integrate the compressor into the GX is powering it. You end up plugging it in just like a EV.

Honda could likely build Phill for much less than Fuelmaker did.
                  I'm all for a plug-in CNG hybrid.

Comment

There is a dealer on E-Bay in College Place, Washington who is selling a 2001 F150 bi-fuel. If you scroll down to the very bottom of his ad he is promoting the Freedom Fueler Personal Refueling System.

Check it out!!

Joe

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...1%7C240%3A1318

This is the only listing for '2001 f150 bifuel' that the ebay search gave

Comment

Originally posted by clnbrnr1 View Post
                        There is a dealer on E-Bay in College Place, Washington who is selling a 2001 F150 bi-fuel. If you scroll down to the very bottom of his ad he is promoting the Freedom Fueler Personal Refueling System.

Check it out!!

Joe
                        I looked at this website a few months back. I think it is a guy who is trying to raise money to produce a VRA. He doesn't actually say he has a product or even a prototype. His contact page is asking for investment partners. At this point however, it looks more like vaporware. I hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by echamberlain View Post
                          Why would Honda want to make the Phill? The unit was overpriced, hard to install, and not cost effective in most markets.

There's a reason why the plug-in hybrids plug into any wall socket.

Why not integrate the compressor into the vehicle, the vehicle could then connect to any low pressure feed and fill itself.
                          if one did this would this get around the .5 gge limit as the compresser would be part of the car and not a home refuelind apl and it is legal to operate ones car in the yard just a thought

Comment

Working...
                          X