X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larryect
    replied
    Re: Very disturbing article on Fuelmaker

Give it a break Freedml on the Edwin Black mudslinging.

Instead we community members here on CNGChat ought to be:
    1)applauding his publicizing of critical issues relating to cng . . . ie Addiction to Oil, Lack of Public CNG Refueling Infrastructure, Honda knee-jerk handling of Fuelmaker company, etc. . . . . and
    2) willing to EDUCATE the hungry journalist (Edwin Black) who is sticking his neck out (publicly, no less, in Washington DC no less) against large international corporations who have all the power.

In my opinion, we should thank him for his efforts, and find out what can CNGChat members do next to quickly ramp up CNG Implementation here in the USA.
    I agree....

Leave a comment:

• CNGLO
    replied

Originally posted by tomdotstar View Post
    Honda is so effective at keeping it's GX away from users and destroying market demand that I had to go to a secret website and sign up with a custom password in order to get my impossible to find GX.

I tremble before I type, because they may have to kill me for revealing this confidential information, but the secret website is: Ebay.
    Please remember to take your tongue out of your cheek before you start talking. We all tremble to think that you might harm yourself.

Thanks for the humor.

Leave a comment:

• scott
    replied

I couldn't find one on Ebay, so I had to resort to a Honda dealer (5 times).

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

Originally posted by tomdotstar View Post
    the secret website is: Ebay.
    Now you've completely ruined the NGV marketplace

Leave a comment:

• tomdotstar
    replied

Honda is so effective at keeping it's GX away from users and destroying market demand that I had to go to a secret website and sign up with a custom password in order to get my impossible to find GX.

I tremble before I type, because they may have to kill me for revealing this confidential information, but the secret website is: Ebay.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

If you paid by credit card you can file a claim with the CC company.

Leave a comment:

• sparty
    replied

If someone does want to start making the Phill, they are going to have to start from scratch. My understanding is that Honda has directed the receivers to begin liquidation, which means everything gets sold. I suspect this does not include the Intellectual Property. Fuel Maker had my money for the equipment when they went belly up, so I am pretty well screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    replied

I do have a hard time typing those little itsy bitsy keys on my new blackberry and make small obvious typos--which I correct when I see them. I think the thread is over, as suggested. However, excerpts will appear on TCEN. Thank you and good bye.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Give it a break Freedml on the Edwin Black mudslinging.

Instead we community members here on CNGChat ought to be:
    1)applauding his publicizing of critical issues relating to cng . . . ie Addiction to Oil, Lack of Public CNG Refueling Infrastructure, Honda knee-jerk handling of Fuelmaker company, etc. . . . . and
    2) willing to EDUCATE the hungry journalist (Edwin Black) who is sticking his neck out (publicly, no less, in Washington DC no less) against large international corporations who have all the power.

In my opinion, we should thank him for his efforts, and find out what can CNGChat members do next to quickly ramp up CNG Implementation here in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied
    Re: Keep it civil

Here is Edwin's original post:

"You are operating anonymously in the shadows. I would [not] judge your accuracy by the volume of posts. Your misinformation about such things as dealer availab[ility] [etc][.] cause[s] me to question your motives. I am not really a member of this community. I am only dropped in correct falsehoods[meaning?]. My rule about trembling before I type is a good one that I impose upon myself and suggest to others where factual statements are involved."

He has since corrected one of the errors (shown in brackets), but not the others. His website claims numerous best-selling books and award-winning articles. How can a professional writer post writings with so many errors?

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    Keep it civil

Gentle reminder of our Terms of Service
    http://cngchat.com/index.php?pid=9#personalattacks

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    replied

The exact paragraph states: Fuelmaker appliances at home or at companies excised the need for traditional neighborhood filling stations. The compact, home garage-based CNG refueler was called the Phill. The commercial version called the Vehicle Refueling Appliance could fast fill several vehicles. Some 14,000 Fuelmaker devices around the world, many with fast fill storage capabilities added, are now suddenly stranded by Honda’s action.

You are operating anonymously in the shadows. I would not judge your accuracy by the volume of posts. Your misinformation about such things as dealer available etc cause me to question your motives. I am not really a member of this community. I am only dropping from time to time to correct falsehoods and/or libels. My rule about trembling before I type is a good one that I impose upon myself and suggest to others where factual statements are involved.
    Last edited by Edwin; 04-07-2009, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CNGLO
    replied

Originally posted by freedml View Post
    The FM VRA itself cannot fast fill. It has to have a storage bank and a filling panel added to it. A Phill could also 'fast fill' if it had storage and a panel added to it. It would be correct to say that FM sold 'systems' which could fast fill, but not VRAs.

I somehow don't think you "tremble" enough before you write. Your 'arguments' are so loose and almost incoherent that I won't bother taking the rest of them apart. I have been "living" the CNG/Honda/Fuelmaker experience for 6 years. I'll stand on my reputation for accuracy on this board with my 750 posts vs. your 6.
    I'm with you on this one.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

The FM VRA itself cannot fast fill. It has to have a storage bank and a filling panel added to it. A Phill could also 'fast fill' if it had storage and a panel added to it. It would be correct to say that FM sold 'systems' which could fast fill, but not VRAs.

I somehow don't think you "tremble" enough before you write. Your 'arguments' are so loose and almost incoherent that I won't bother taking the rest of them apart. I have been "living" the CNG/Honda/Fuelmaker experience for 6 years. I'll stand on my reputation for accuracy on this board with my 750 posts vs. your 6.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    replied

Your post is false and misleading on its face. My quoted sentence says that the VRA COULD fast fill, and that takes into account storage--of course. That is why I used COULD. The specific phrasing was checked before and after with key Fuelmaker employees and industry experts.

You falsely posted: Honda sold GXs at retail through GX dealers who are only in CA, NY and UT. They were available to fleet departments everywhere since 1998. Honda does not manufacture the CNG parts of the car and could not increase production on a month's notice. ... People were only 'clammoring' for GXs when gasoline hit $4 a gallon." In fact, Honda sold through dealers in numerous states, although mainly in the ones you mentioned. Contrary to your post, they were not available to fleets everywhere. The case of Spokane Community College which tried to organize a fleet for over a year was well documented. No one asked Honda to change production in a month's time. But enforcing a quota system year after year, and failing to meet demand, had its impact on the market. Nor did that market bulge only after $4 gasoline. I have been advocating Honda CNG for years, and many tried hard to buy one before and after the oil spike. Fuelmaker employees verified what has long been known by industry experts--that the refueling appliances and cars were not available to the consumer market. At what point since the Arab Oil Embargo of the 1970s did Honda become aware that this country need an alt-fuel program.

I don't know what your pseudonym is, but I write openly under my name. What is your connection to the industry and basis for expertise and this misleading information. Are you connected to Honda? My facts are checked before and after with multiple sources as they were in this case. The apology the La Crosse man posited was the correct thing to do.

Unless you have corrections that are not faulty on their face, or do not overturn the long settled facts confirmed by multiple industry sources over many months, you will help this discussion by avoiding misinformation. The salient point is that Honda threw Fuelmaker into a sudden involuntary bankruptcy, leaving its employees without severance, its customers suddenly without service, and the CNG movement guessing what shoe will drop next. Those facts were reported accurately with careful fact-checking. I tremble before I type. It's good advise to anyone dealing with this important topic that effects lives and societies.
    Last edited by Edwin; 04-07-2009, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X