CLNE Stock Rocketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLNE Stock Rocketing

Anybody notice the 40% jump in the stock price of CLNE? Maybe an Obama infrastructure play?

Re: CLNE Stock Rocketing

depends on your point of view

some might say its down 70%

Comment

Of course, you're right. My 401K is now a 201K. But the recent activity in CLNE seems unrelated to the overall market ups and downs... Just sort of interesting. Just looking for a way to get back to a 301K.

Comment

i actually agree with you that recent activity in that stock is related to anticipation at what barack might do

among other things i think he should and might do

tax foreign oil and as part of his 3 million jobs program

try to switch every house truck and bus to natural gas and other alternatives

and sure some cars as well

not exactly up on my economic theory

but i would love to see a study looking at total economic cost/benefits of 100 dollars spent at home vs 75 dollars for the same service spend abroad

there is a nobel prize in there somewhere

but i am rambling all over the place

regards..

Comment

I am not sure we can tax foreign oil, sounds a little like the Smoot Hawley tariff approach that took us deeper into the 1930's depression.

But I heard Boone Pickens say that you could put a natural gas pump in an existing station for about 400K. If you built 100 of them, that would be $40 million. 1000 would be 400 million.

1000 stations would allow over the road trucks and others to switch to a cleaner, cheaper, fuel. Plus we would be buying transportation without giving money to people who hate us. Not a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdotstar View Post
            I am not sure we can tax foreign oil, sounds a little like the Smoot Hawley tariff approach that took us deeper into the 1930's depression.

But I heard Boone Pickens say that you could put a natural gas pump in an existing station for about 400K. If you built 100 of them, that would be $40 million. 1000 would be 400 million.

1000 stations would allow over the road trucks and others to switch to a cleaner, cheaper, fuel. Plus we would be buying transportation without giving money to people who hate us. Not a bad deal.
            sounds good more stations and mandate 500 mile range in all alt fuel cars and they could travel anywhere they wanted to go and keep the billions that we send over seas for oil could stay at home an put people to work drilling more gas wells. the oil field has paid well in the past hopfuly it will contiue to do so. than people could buy more and jump start the economy and we would not be paying for the enemys guns just so we can ride

Comment

Working...
            X