• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil shock prediction: $25

right off drudge

OIL SHOCK PREDICTION: $25

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide

Re: Oil shock prediction: $25

I predicted $45 a barrel in other posts. We could defiantly see $35 a barrel in the spring. For $25 oil the price of the Dollar would need to rise significantly vs other world currancys, and oil demand sink further.

$25 will happen when the Fed tightens and moves the lending rate up. Interest rates will then move up, the dollar will increase in value and oil will move lower along with gold. If the dollar weakens oil and gold will both move upward.

Comment

Lower the barrel, lower the chances that CNG goes mainstream as the viable alternative it is.

Comment

Now is the time to retool our factories for alt. vehicles.

So that when gas prices skyrocket again, we're ready. All I'm seeing now are my neighbors firing up their hummers and purchasing suburbans.
        Silver 09 GX
        Phill G:1.5

Comment

It's time for the Fed and State gasoline taxes to be raised!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpulliam1 View Post
            It's time for the Fed and State gasoline taxes to be raised!!
            why the goverment has showed it can waste any amount of money it gets depending what state you live in the goverment already gets 40 + cents per gallon that is more than big oil gets and they have to drill truck refine truck again to the tank farm than truck to your local gas stop and they dont make that much oil at 42 dollers a bal = 1.00 per gallon for crude 40 cents per gal tax gas yesterday in ky was 1.51 that leaves .11 cent per gallon for big oil to do all of the above and make a profit and please do not mistake me for a fan of big oil its just how the numbers shake out right now cowboy ps dont worry it will go back up as we have past the peake oil perduction in alot of oil fields and are running out of oil so lets save the oil for lubercation
            and use cng to burn sorry I go so far off base

Comment

As I recall the crash occured soon after everyone predicted $200 per barrel oil. I suspect that a prediction of $25 signals the turn around. But, it does not seem like CNG will follow for quite a while. People I talk to are worried about not being able to slow CNG production enough to avoid difficulties this coming summer. Rising oil and dropping CNG would be a good thing.

Comment

The Dollar is weakeneing and Gold and Oil is moving upward. We may have just seen a low on oil.

The price of oil moving has more to do with the value of the dollar.

Large hedge funds moving money out of the dollar and into oil and gold as a safe haven to loosing value in the dollar. Oil Demand is weak, but the bail out looks like it has failed and the economy will continue to fall.

The Dollar will turn downward if the bail out fails. If the bail out works Dollar up oil and gold down. I think Oil and Gold are going up from here, but oil will not be going back to $148 anytime soon. Oil back to $65 The Dollar will go back down 30% Gold back to $1000

Comment

Fed Cuts Rates to 0% to .25% Oil gold and gas moving higher over the comming months. The dollar is moving lower.

Comment

Given the OPEC production cuts this week, Pickens looks for crude to be back where producers like it -- $75 or more.

Of course, that's if OPEC members follow the OPEC allocations. Chavez will be - ahem - "over a barrel" if he can't keep pumping at max.

Comment

It's really hard to tell where it's going. First response to the OPEC news was a dip down below $35 a barrel to finish at just above $36 a barrel.
                      I'm not sure the market is listening this close to the holidays.
                      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Does anyone have an idea what a gallon of gasoline would cost with $75 per barrel of oil ?

Comment

Don't you remember, it doesn't matter what it cost a barrel, the oil companies and wholesalers charge whatever they feel like for gasoline and make up lame reasons for jacking up prices (scheduled maintenance, storm in the gulf,...).
                          Isn't any of this sounding familiar, it's been less than a year since we were dealing with this!
                          Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by OKC CNG TECH View Post
                            Does anyone have an idea what a gallon of gasoline would cost with $75 per barrel of oil ?
                            it would cost 1.78 for crude ( 42 gallons to the barrel) around 40 cents tax depending what state and what ever they want to stick on for refining transport but just crude and tax about 2.18

Comment

Originally posted by OKC CNG TECH View Post
                              $75 is about $2.75 a gallon at the pump

You can make charts on gas buddy.com crude oil vs gasoline.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...t.aspx?time=24

Comment

Working...
                              X