X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Energy to Open CNG Stations Near Atlanta and Oklahoma City Airports

Title is Self-Explanatory

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...d_2662472.html

Re: Clean Energy to Open CNG Stations Near Atlanta and Oklahoma City Airports

I know CE better, than to think they will sell CNG at $1.14 in OK. So what's the deal, will they not be regulated because they are a public company. And if not will anyone really use their station if they are $1.50 more per GGE?
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

There's another thread over in the "Oklahoma Section" talking about the CE plans for the OKC station. Link

From my recollection, they are planning to come into the market well above ONG price. (I think the thread said $2.49... sorry, too lazy to re-read)

As to the question of would anybody use it that much higher???

IF I was in OKC instead of Tulsa, Yes, I'd consider buying gas from them. ONG would be my first stop, but often, I'm getting 1900-2300 PSI fills from ONG. That's not sufficient to round-trip, so I end up driving on some regular gas almost every day. So, Yea, I'd swing by there to top off. Especially on the weekends, when I need some extra gas. Way out in the Mannford area, there is NO NG option, and a trip back to Tulsa to gas up would be a waste of money, as the gas would be nearly gone by the time I got back home.

So, yea, there is a market for a commercial quality station. Please don't take this as a DIS to ONG, who I sincerely appreciate their gas price, just saying a full tank is worth something. (notice I'd top off, not complete fill)

Kind of unrelated... I've been writing to QT and other CStores, urging them to investigate the growing NG market in Tulsa. Wouldn't it be a blessing if they dropped a test station in somewhere...

Comment

What David said above is correct. OK has few if any 3600psi sites except for Tom's new site up in Tulsa at TGT. So this will be a nice new option in OKC. I don't anticipate a huge consumer load on the site, but based on our conversations with other airport related fleets - we do expect a large number of new CNG vehicles fueling at the site.

Site is like every other new CE site - it has a fleet anchor tenant who is justifying its existence, in this case the local shuttle operator. They are huge fans of CNG and have been for some time, but the ONG network is simply not reliable enough to run mission critical businesses and gov service vehicles on it. There have been some bad experiences with it. Don't get me wrong - $1.14 rules and it always will, but a business that relies on their vehicles must have more robust station.

Comment

Working...
        X