MSNBC Video about CNG vehicles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSNBC Video about CNG vehicles.

Here is a MSNBC video about CNG vehicles. I got this from Dave's newsletter.

John

Re: MSNBC Video about CNG vehicles.

If you try to email it to someone, it adds text to the email: "just like what you use for your barbeque"! WRONG!!!
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Wrong for some. But, I use it in my barbeque...

Comment

That's awesome. The today show has a huge audience. People will start to buy more Civic GX's hopefully.

Comment

Whats up with the footage? Car shows California plates but the reporter says he is in Miami? BTW my BBQ also use natural gas too, got tired of running out to refill the tank in the middle of cooking.
          Mario
          AAA CNG SYSTEMS
          CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Sad to say I'll be using propane in the new BBQ island... it was going to cost way too much to extend the gas line the close to 200' it would have taken when compared to the couple tanks of LPG a year that we use The good news was that the FMQ2 only had a 20' run to hook it up
            2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
            Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
            Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
            Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

It may be what some use, but the vast majority of gas grills run on LPG. The Hearth, Patio, and Barbeque Assn. barely mentions Natural Gas on their website. Every discussion on 'gas grills' gives details about filling LPG cylinders etc. but not a word about modifying your grill to run on NG.

My problem with an NG grill is the bill at the end of the month if you forget to turn the grill off. At least with LPG you're never out more than one used cylinder of gas!
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

My problem with an NG grill is the bill at the end of the month if you forget to turn the grill off. At least with LPG you're never out more than one used cylinder of gas!
                LOL. Been there done that

The good thing is, you don't run out of gas - the bad thing is, you don't run out of gas.

I caught it after three days on high.....

As far as smoke flavor, you can put mesquite chunks on the heat distribution area to get smoke.

Comment

I never run out of LPG -- I have two spare tanks.

It's also a hassle to get a NG grill -- it's always a special order. I have a gas line at my patio but never used it.

I find that the 'flavor bar' does a great job of making 'smoke flavor' out of the drippings.
                  02 GX
                  01 GX
                  03 Crown Vic
                  06 GX
                  Home Fueler

Comment

Woo Hoo..

I'm in Argentina and we use CNG for Cars, but only wood for the steaks.

R>.

Comment

Working...
                    X