Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody tried to petition Costco to carry CNG at their refill stations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried to petition Costco to carry CNG at their refill stations?

Costco already has a distribution for Gasoline so this should not be very difficult. There are a lot of benefits to them.

- Supporting American Natural Gas Vs. the OPEC Cartel
    - Going Green and being in the forefront of this (lots of good marketing)
    - Additional Revenue
    - Maybe tax benefits
    - Get more business (If you fill up at Costco, chances are you will stop to buy their products)?

Thoughts?

Re: Has anybody tried to petition Costco to carry CNG at their refill stations?

I fill out their suggestion box each time I go in. I think it would be a great idea for them to sell CNG. Many of the Costco locations still have the charging stations they put in several years ago. Did they do that for the tax credits or did someone else pay for those?

Comment

Re: Has anybody tried to petition Costco to carry CNG at their refill stations?

Remember, Costco, Sam's, and other big retailers only carry fuel as a sideline and only carry items that appeal to everyone.

I think a better target (ha ha) would be the truckstop chains like Flying J, TofA, Love's, etc. They are placed at intervals which would make cross-country travel feasible in anything including a GX. Along I-5 in the Central Valley and I-10 at Blythe just to name two strategic locations.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Working...
      X